Preaching Christ from Genesis: Foundations for Expository Sermons / January 01, 2007
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
For even more information, see this release announcement and this review.
Sidney Greidanus’s previous two preaching books — The Modern Preacher and the Ancient Text and Preaching Christ from the Old Testament — have received wide acclaim. Preaching Christ from Genesis offers more of Greidanus’s solid, practical homiletical fare.
Packed with unique features, Preaching Christ from Genesis
- uses the latest scholarly research to analyze twenty-three Genesis narratives
- presents the rhetorical structures and other literary features of each narrative
- discloses the message for Israel (theme) as well as the author’s likely purpose (goal)
- explores various ways of preaching Christ from each narrative
- offers sermon exposition and commentary in oral style
- suggests relevant sermon forms, introductions, and applications
- Including helpful appendixes — “Ten Steps from Text to Sermon,” “An Expository Sermon Model,” and three of the author’s own Genesis sermons — this volume will be an invaluable resource for preachers and Bible teachers.
- Series Name: Preaching Christ from the Old Testament
- Authors: Sidney Greidanus
- Publisher: Wm. B. Eerdmans
- Publish Date: January 1, 2007
- ISBN: 978-0-8028-2586-5
- # of Pages: 518
- Categories: Preaching Helps
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
Where to Find
Preaching Christ from Genesis is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0519||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||35549|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster1119||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (November 2019)||36999|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0420||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (April 2020)||37499|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (July 2020)||42568|
|English add-on bundles||Preaching Christ Bundle_5||Preaching Christ from the Old Testament Series (5 Volumes)||169|
There are no reviews yet.