The Moody Handbook of Preaching (Koessler) / May 01, 2008
Requires Accordance 11.2 or above.
“Why is it that some can preach for an hour and it seems like five minutes, while others preach for only five minutes and it seems like an hour?” —Haddon Robinson
The Moody Handbook of Preaching answers this question and many others through the experience, knowledge, and understanding of men and women who are experts in their fields and who love God and His church.
Chapters are divided into four sections—Forming a Philosophy of Preaching, Mining the Text, Illustrating Truth, and Developing Methodology—that offer a multidisciplinary approach to preaching. Delve deep into topics such as:
- Why Expository Preaching?
- How Women Hear the Sermon
- Preaching Historical Narrative
- Drama and the Sermon
- Using Technology to Enhance the Sermon
- Sermons that Move
- Exegeting Your Audience
Seasoned pastors and rookie seminarians alike will benefit from this handbook that features the work of graduate and undergraduate professors at Moody Bible Institute as well as three Moody presidents.
Discover insights and greater understanding on your path to better preaching.
- Editors: John Koessler
- Publisher: Moody Publishers
- Publish Date: May 1, 2008
- ISBN: 978-0802470645
- # of Pages: 416
- Level: Pastor, Student, Teacher
- Tradition: Evangelical, Protestant
- Language: English
- Categories: Preaching Helps
- Publisher Categories: RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Preaching
- Min Acc Version: 11.2
There are no reviews yet.