Three Views on Genesis 1-11 (Counterpoints Series)
For more information, see this summary article.
There are 35 volumes available from this series and are available in the following products:
- The 8-Volume Set (Release 3) that includes this module
- A 16-Volume Set (Release 1)
- An 11-Volume Set (Release 2)
- The 35-Volume Series Bundle (all currently available volumes)
- Thirty-five individual volumes are also available.
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
There is little doubt that in recent years the nature of the Genesis narrative has sparked much debate among Christians. This Counterpoints volume introduces three predominant interpretive genres and their implications for biblical understanding. Each contributor identifies their position on the genre of Genesis 1-11, addressing why it is appropriate to the text, and contributes examples of its application to a variety of passages.
The contributors and views include:
- James K. Hoffmeier: Theological History
- Gordon J. Wenham: Proto-History
- Kenton L. Sparks: Ancient Historiography
General editor and Old Testament scholar Charles Halton explains the importance of genre and provides historical insight in the introduction and helpful summaries of each position in the conclusion. In the reader-friendly Counterpoints format, this book helps readers to reflect on the strengths and weaknesses of each view and draw informed conclusions in this much-debated topic.
Genesis: History, Fiction, or Neither
Three Views on the Bible’s Earliest Chapters
• Series: Counterpoints – Bible and Theology
• Series Editor: Stanley N. Gundry
• General Editor: Charles Halton
• Contributors: James K. Hoffmeier, Gordon J. Wenham, Kenton L. Sparks
• Publisher: Zondervan (2015)
- ISBN: 9780310524502
- Categories: Theology
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
Where to Find
Three Views on Genesis 1-11 (Counterpoints Series) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (July 2020)||38699|
|Biblical Studies||Views-8 Counterpoints||8 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series (Release 3)||125.92|
There are no reviews yet.