Three Views on the Rapture / October 25, 2010
See this summary article for a summary of the Counterpoints series and a list of individual volumes.
There are 35 volumes available from this series and are available in the following products:
- A 16-Volume Set (Release 1)
- An 11-Volume Set (Release 2)
- The 8-Volume Set (Release 3)
- Thirty-five individual volumes are also available.
Three Views on the Rapture guides students and pastors in considering and evaluating the three primary ways evangelicals currently understand the Bible’s teaching on the rapture. Scholars present their preferred interpretive models in point-counterpoint style, and general editor Alan Hultburg’s introduction and conclusion frame the discussion.
The rapture, or the belief that, at some point, Jesus’ living followers will join him forever while others do not, is an important but contested doctrine among evangelicals. Scholars generally hold one of three perspectives on the timing of and circumstances surrounding the rapture, all of which are presented in Three Views on the Rapture. The recent prominence of a Pre-Wrath understanding of the rapture calls for a fresh examination of this important but contested Christian belief.
- Alan D. Hultberg (PhD, Trinity International University and professor of New Testament at Talbot School of Theology) explains the Pre-Wrath view;
- Craig Blaising (PhD, Dallas Theological Seminary and president of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) defends the Pre-Tribulation view;
- Douglas Moo (PhD, University of St. Andrews and professor of New Testament at Wheaton College) sets forth the Post-Tribulation view.
Each author provides a substantive explanation of his position, which is critiqued by the other two authors. A thorough introduction gives a historical overview of the doctrine of the rapture and its effects on the church. The interactive and fair-minded format of the Counterpoints series allows readers to consider the strengths and weaknesses of each view and draw informed, personal conclusions.
Three Views on the Rapture
• Series: Counterpoints – Bible and Theology
• Series Editor: Stanley N. Gundry
• General Editor: Alan Hultberg
• Contributors: Craig Blaising, Alan Hultbert, Douglas J. Moo
• Publisher: Zondervan (released 12/21/10)
- Publish Date: October 25, 2010
- ISBN: 9780310499190
- # of Pages: 304
- Categories: Theology
Where to Find
Three Views on the Rapture is included with the following packages
|Theology||Views-27 Counterpoints-sp||27 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series – Special Offer||489.99|
|Theology||Views-11 Counterpoints||11 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series (Release #2)||225.89|
|Theology||Views-11 Counterpoints-sp||11 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series – Special Offer||198.89|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 1Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (1st Quarter 2015)||15999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 2Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (2nd Quarter 2015)||16999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2015)||18699|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 4Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (4th Quarter 2015)||19999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 1Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (1st Quarter 2016)||21249|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2016)||23999|
There are no reviews yet.