Who Runs the Church? Four Views on Church Government / November 07, 2009
See this summary article for a summary of the Counterpoints series and a list of individual volumes.
There are 35 volumes available from this series and are available in the following products:
- A 16-Volume Set (Release 1)
- An 11-Volume Set (Release 2)
- The 8-Volume Set (Release 3)
- Thirty-five individual volumes are also available.
Churches have split and denominations have formed over the issue of church government. Yet while many Christians can explain their particular church’s form of rule and may staunchly uphold it, few have a truly biblical understanding of it. What model for governing the church does the Bible provide? Is there room for different methods? Or is just one way the right way?
In Who Runs the Church? four predominant approaches to church government are presented by respected proponents:
- Episcopalianism (Peter Toon)
- Presbyterianism (L. Roy Taylor)
- Single-Elder Congregationalism (Paige Patterson)
- Plural-Elder Congregationalism (Samuel E. Waldron)
As in other Counterpoints books, each view is followed by critiques from the other contributors, and its advocate then responds. The interactive and fair-minded nature of the Counterpoints format allows the reader to consider the strengths and weaknesses of each view and draw informed, personal conclusions.
The Counterpoints series provides a forum for comparison and critique of different views on issues important to Christians. Counterpoints books address two categories: Church Life and Bible and Theology. Complete your library with other books in the Counterpoints series.
Who Runs the Church? Four Views on Church Government
• Series: Counterpoints – Church Life
• Series Editor: Paul E. Engle
• General Editor: Steve B. Cowan
• Contributors: Peter Toon, L. Roy Taylor, Paige Patterson, Samuel E. Waldron
• Publisher: Zondervan (released 8/31/04)
- Authors: L. Roy Taylor, Paige Patterson, Peter Toon, Samuel E. Waldron
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publish Date: November 7, 2009
- ISBN: 9780310493532
- # of Pages: 311
- Categories: Theology
Where to Find
Who Runs the Church? Four Views on Church Government is included with the following packages
|Theology||Views-16 Counterpoints||16 volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series (Release #1)||330.84|
|Theology||Views-16 Counterpoints-sp||16 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series – Special Offer||285|
|Theology||Views-27 Counterpoints-sp||27 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series – Special Offer||489.99|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 1Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (1st Quarter 2015)||15999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 2Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (2nd Quarter 2015)||16999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2015)||18699|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 4Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (4th Quarter 2015)||19999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 1Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (1st Quarter 2016)||21249|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2016)||23999|
There are no reviews yet.