Crossgrades are modules offered at a lower price to a customer with Accordance who already owns an electronic version of the same module on another platform. They are designed to encourage people who want to switch from another platform and who have already invested significantly in specific resources which are available on both platforms.
Crossgrades to multi-volume products require all volumes of the Accordance product to already be owned in the other platform. Users must purchase the crossgrade PLUS any included volumes they do not already own in the other software, at 50% off regular price (or at a current sale price). To purchase this crossgrade, submit the order (which will go through manual processing) with a note about any volumes not already owned in the other platform.
As with all upgrades, the special price is offered on the condition that the original software is not sold or given to anyone else. Note: No additional discounts or coupons of any kind can be applied to Crossgrade prices.
In order to receive any crossgrade prices you must first return this form to us, completed and signed.
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
The companion volumes of Westminster John Knox Press’s Old Testament Library series cover major aspects of biblical studies through surveys, theologies, histories, and other works. This critically acclaimed series provides fresh and authoritative treatments of important aspects of Old Testament study through general surveys. The contributors are scholars of international standing.
This Old Testament Library Companion Bundle contains the following nine (9) Volumes:
- Theology of the Old Testament (2 Volumes) (Eichrodt): As a pioneer in what is known as the biblical theology movement, Eichrodt devoted his major effort to writing a monumental three-volume Theology of the Old Testament. This is a magisterial, though controversial, integration of historically diverse biblical ideas about God, humanity, and the world under the quasi-comprehensive category of the covenant relationship binding Yahweh, the God of Israel, and Israel, the people of Yahweh. It is written on the supposition that, whereas Old Testament theology is admittedly a normative and not a simply descriptive undertaking, it is driven by scientific rather than confessional concerns. Moreover, as he crafts his exposition, Eichrodt remains in touch with biblical Israel's Near Eastern environment and the later New Testament, on the one hand, and Old Testament belief in its distinctive structural unity, on the other.
- Exile and Restoration: A Study of Hebrew Thought of the Sixth Century B.C.: This study of sixth-century Hebrew thought, a part of the Old Testament Library series, grew out of Peter Ackroyd’s influential Hulsean Lectures on the same topic.
- Introduction to the Old Testament: From Its Origins to the Closing of the Alexandrian Canon (Third Edition) (Soggin): A classic in biblical interpretation has been updated for today’s scholars and students. This new edition of Introduction to the Old Testament, translated by John Bowden, retains the clarity and breadth that has contributed to Alberto Soggin’s reputation as an outstanding biblical authority. He brings this third edition up to date using the latest scholarship, while retaining the same basic approach and divisions used in earlier versions. Aside from covering the books of the Hebrew Old Testament, Soggin also gives an introduction to each of the deutero-canonical books and provides an overview of the history and general problems that have accompanied the Hebrew Bible.
- A History of Israelite Religion in the Old Testament Period (2 Volumes): This comprehensive history of Israel and Judah from the earliest discernible beginnings to Hellenistic times chronicles these kingdoms, not only in light of the religions of the ancient Near East but also in light of what we can recover of Israelite social history.
- Jewish Wisdom in the Hellenistic Age: Jewish wisdom flourished under Hellenism in the books of Ben Sira and the wisdom of Solomon, as well as in a recently discovered sapiential text from Qumran. In this book, internationally known author John Collins presents a compelling description and analysis of these three texts and their continuing wisdom traditions.
- Old Testament Theology (2 Volumes) (Preuss): In this work Horst Preuss provides a comprehensive analysis of the theology of the Old Testament. This comprehensive analysis uses the most recent scholarship to reveal the central theme of Old Testament theology---God's acts of election and covenant and man's subsequent responses. It also examines the Sinai and Exodus traditions, the figure of Moses, the themes of law and land, and more.
You may be interested in these other OTL/NTL products: