Each volume answers the questions students of the Bible ask rather than the ones Bible scholars play with, but are unable to provide clear answers for. An eight-step approach to Bible study grabs the reader's attention, shows the main points of the text, leads verse by verse through the logic of the Bible writer as he taught his original readers, then brings it all home in principles and applications illustrated for the modern reader.
Quotations from the church's important voices, the teaching in a nutshell, and a quick statement of the main point of the text prepares the reader to study.
The eight-point study leads the reader from an introduction with contemporary illustrations, through verse-by-verse commentary, to a conclusion and life application. Deeper discoveries help the reader understand the most important words, phrases, and teaching of each chapter. A teaching outline allows the reader to review what has been read, organize its message, and prepare to share it with others. The 'Final Issues for Discussion' section brings closure to the reader's study.
The 32 volumes in these two series were edited by Max Anders.
See Review: Why the Holman?
- Volume 1: Genesis -- Kenneth O. Gangel, Stephen J. Bramer
- Volume 2: Exodus, Leviticus & Numbers -- Glen S. Martin
- Volume 3: Deuteronomy -- Doug McIntosh
- Volume 4: Joshua -- Kenneth O. Gangel
- Volume 5: Judges & Ruth -- W. Gary Phillips
- Volume 6: 1 & 2 Samuel -- Stephen J. Andrews, Robert D. Bergen
- Volume 7: 1 & 2 Kings -- Gary Inrig
- Volume 8: 1 & 2 Chronicles -- Winfried Corduan
- Volume 9: Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther -- Knute Larson, Kathy Dahlen
- Volume 10: Job -- Steven J. Lawson
- Volume 11: Psalms 1-75 -- Steven J. Lawson
- Volume 12: Psalms 76-150 -- Steven J. Lawson
- Volume 13: Proverbs -- Steven J. Lawson
- Volume 14: Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon -- David George Moore, Daniel L. Akin
- Volume 15: Isaiah -- Trent C. Butler
- Volume 16: Jeremiah & Lamentations -- Fred M. Wood, Ross McLaren
- Volume 17: Ezekiel -- Mark F. Rooker
- Volume 18: Daniel -- Kenneth O. Gangel
- Volume 19: Hosea-Micah -- Trent C. Butler
- Volume 20: Nahum-Malachi -- Stephen R. Miller
- Volume 1: Matthew -- Stuart K. Weber
- Volume 2: Mark -- Rod Cooper
- Volume 3: Luke -- Trent C. Butler
- Volume 4: John -- Kenneth O. Gangel
- Volume 5: Acts -- Kenneth O. Gangel
- Volume 6: Romans -- Kenneth Boa and William Kruidenier
- Volume 7: 1 & 2 Corinthians -- Richard L. Pratt Jr.
- Volume 8: Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians -- Max Anders
- Volume 9: 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon -- Knute Larson
- Volume 10: Hebrews & James -- Thomas D. Lea
- Volume 11: 1 & 2 Peter, 1, 2 & 3 John and Jude -- David Walls
- Volume 12: Revelation -- Kendell Easley
The entire set is available in the following modules: