We are excited to announce that we just released the 28th Edition of the Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament. The Nestle-Aland is the leading critical edition of the Greek New Testament used by scholars and seminary students all over the world. The 28th edition makes significant changes to the apparatus and uses the Editio Critica Maior as its basis for the Catholic letters (James, 1 and 2 Peter, 1-3 John, and Jude), so these letters will have textual differences from the NA27.
Here are some details from the publisher on the changes they’ve made in this latest edition.
- Newly discovered Papyri listed
- Distinction between consistently cited witnesses of the first and second order abandoned
- Apparatus notes systematically checked
- Imprecise notes abandoned
- Previously concatenated notes now cited separately
- Inserted Latin texts reduced and translated
- References thoroughly revised
- New reconstruction of the Catholic Letters
- Defining the Consistently Cited Witnesses for the Catholic Letters
Learn more about revisions to the whole edition.
Learn more about revisions to the Catholic Letters.
We have also put significant work into the Accordance edition in order to make it easier to use, navigate, and search. Check out the First Look video below to see how the NA28 looks in Accordance.
There are several purchasing options available for the NA28 depending on which version of the text you want and what you currently own.
NA28-T with Apparatus
This is the full version of the NA28 that includes the apparatus.
This is the standalone text of the NA28 that does not include the apparatus or sigla marks. This text succeeds the GNT-T, which is the standalone text of the NA27.