Jun 24, 2019 David Lang

Picture More of the New Testament

Picture the NT 3D cover Last November, we released Picture the New Testament: A PhotoCommentary. If you're not familiar with it, it acts as a visual commentary, showing ancient artifacts, artwork, maps, and locations which illustrate some aspect of the biblical text. The initial release included the four Gospels, Acts, and 1–2 Peter. Those who bought the initial release were pleasantly surprised over the weekend with a free update which added the Pauline epistles (Romans-Philemon).

Picture the NT now covers 88% of the New Testament, and work on the remaining 12% is already well underway. That too will be a free update for those who have already purchased Picture the NT. On the other hand, the purchase price will likely go up once the entire New Testament is finished, so you'll save money if you buy now.

In some ways, illustrating the Epistles is much harder than illustrating the Gospels and Acts. After all, the narrative books often discuss people, places, and things which are easily illustrated. The epistles, on the other hand, discuss theological concepts, abstract ideas, and ancient customs. How do you illustrate the idea that the gospel is “folly” to Greeks (1 Corinthians 1:23), that there was a “dividing wall of hostility” between Jews and Gentiles (Ephesians 2:14), or that some “grieve without hope” (1 Thessalonians 4:13)?

Here is how those three concepts are illustrated in the new update to Picture the NT:

Folly to Greeks:

PictureNTUpdate1

Dividing Wall of Hostility:

PictureNTUpdate2

Grieving Without Hope:

PictureNTUpdate3

This is obviously just a sample of what you'll find. There is so much cool stuff in this new update to Picture the NT that you're sure to discover powerful illustrations for your sermons and lessons, and helpful insights for your personal study. If you already own Picture the NT, be sure to download the new update. If you don't already own it, what are you waiting for?

Picture the New Testament: A PhotoCommentary

Buy Now

Bookmark and Share