40 Questions about Christians and Biblical Law / January 01, 2010
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
This volume by Dr. Thomas R. Schreiner on the interplay between Christianity and biblical law is an excellent addition to the 40 Questions & Answers series. Schreiner not only coherently answers the tough questions that flow from a discussion about the Old Testament Levitical Law, but also writes clearly and engagingly for the student. The pastor, student, and layperson can easily understand Schreiner’s biblical theology of the Law.
The reader will enjoy the clarity and encouragement of 40 Questions About Christians and Biblical Law. The simple Q&A format allows readers to skip to questions of interest.
- What does the word law mean in the Scriptures
- Was the Mosaic covenant legalistic
- Does the OT teach that salvation is by works
- What does the expression “works of law” mean in Paul
- Is perfect obedience to the law mandatory for salvation
- Does Paul teach that the OT law is now abolished
- What does Paul mean by “righteousness of God”
- Does the Pauline teaching on justification contradict Jesus’ message
- Do James and Paul contradict one another on justification by works
- How should we understand the role of the law in Luke-Acts
- What is theonomy, or Christian reconstructionism, and how should it be evaluated
- What role does the law have in preaching
- Series Name: 40 Questions
- Editors: Benjamin L. Merkle
- Authors: Thomas R. Schreiner
- Publisher: Kregel Publications
- Publish Date: January 1, 2010
- ISBN: 978-0-8254-3891-2
- # of Pages: 256
- Level: Pastor, Popular, Student
- Tradition: Evangelical
- Categories: Theology
- Publisher Categories: Old Testament Bible Study
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
Where to Find
40 Questions about Christians and Biblical Law is included with the following packages
|Theology||40Questions_8||40 Questions Series (8 Volumes)||174|
There are no reviews yet.