Anchor Yale Bible Commentary: Apocrypha
See this article for even more information about the Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries.
The Anchor Yale Bible is a project of international and interfaith scope in which Protestant, Catholic, and Jewish scholars from many countries contribute individual volumes. The project is not sponsored by any ecclesiastical organization and is not intended to reflect any particular theological doctrine.
The Anchor Yale Bible is committed to producing commentaries in the tradition established half a century ago by the founders of the series, William Foxwell Albright and David Noel Freedman. It aims to present the best contemporary scholarship in a way that is accessible not only to scholars but also to the educated nonspecialist. Its approach is grounded in exact translation of the ancient languages and an appreciation of the historical and cultural context in which the biblical books were written supplemented by insights from modern methods, such as sociological and literary criticism.
This module includes the following volumes:
- Wisdom of Ben Sira (Vol. 39) by Alexander A. Di Lella and Patrick W. Skehan (1995)
- Judith (Vol. 40) by Carey A. Moore (1995)
- Tobit (Vol. 40A) by Carey A. Moore (1996)
- I Maccabees (Vol. 41) by Jonathan A. Goldstein (1976)
- II Maccabees (Vol. 41A) by Jonathan A. Goldstein (1995)
- I & II Esdras (Vol. 42) by Jacob M. Myers (1995)
- The Wisdom of Solomon (Vol. 43) by David Winston (1979)
- Daniel, Esther, and Jeremiah: The Additions (Vol. 44) by Carey A. Moore (1995)
7/10/15 Update: This update adds the Apocrypha to complete the OT and Apocrypha set.
- Series Name: Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries
- Editors: David Noel Freedman, John J. Collins, William Foxwell Albright
- Authors: Alexander A. Di Lella, Carey A. Moore, David Winston, Jacob M. Myers, Jonathan A. Goldstein, Patrick W. Skehan
- Publisher: Yale University Press
- Bible Book: 1Esdras, 1Maccabees, 2Esdras, 2Maccabees, Additions to Daniel, Additions to Esther, Apocrypha, Baruch, Bel, Judith, Prayer of Azariah, Sirach / Ecclesiasticus, Susanna, Tobit, Wisdom
- Level: Academic, Technical
- Tradition: Catholic, Jewish, Mainline Protestant, Orthodox Church
- Categories: Commentaries
Where to Find
Anchor Yale Bible Commentary: Apocrypha is included with the following packages
|Commentaries||Anchor-OT-63||Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries: Old Testament and Apocrypha (63 volumes)||1499|
|Commentaries||Anchor-OT-63up60||UPGRADE to Anchor OT (63 Volumes) from Anchor OT (60 Volumes)||129|
|Commentary Volumes||Anchor-OT||Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries: Old Testament and Apocrypha (60 volumes)||999|
There are no reviews yet.