Asia Bible Commentary (6 Vols.): A Pastoral and Contextual Commentary /
Requires Accordance 11.2 or above.
For even more information, see this release announcement.
The Asia Bible Commentary series empowers Christian believers in Asia to read the Bible from within their respective contexts. Holistic in its approach to the text, each exposition of the biblical books combines exegesis and application. The ultimate goal is to strengthen the Body of Christ in Asia by providing pastoral and contextual exposition of every book of the Bible.
The Great Commission is yet to be fulfilled. Asian churches, like Matthew’s original audience, are encountering various challenges as they obey Jesus’ last command in the First Gospel. The promise of the presence of God accompanies Jesus’ command and in Matthew’s narrative God’s presence is seen powerfully in Jesus’ life. Believers today can hold to the same promise, and this promise should be an encouragement to continue preaching God’s kingdom.
The volumes in this series are also available individually. Volumes include:
- Judges by Athena E. Gorospe with Charles R. Ringma
- Lamentations by Federico G. Villanueva
- Psalms 1-72 by Federico G. Villanueva
- Micah by Johan Ferreira
- Matthew by Samson L. Uytanlet with Kiem-Kiok Kwa
- 1, 2, 3 John by Gilbert Soo Hoo with Pervaiz Sultan
- Series Name: Asia Bible Commentary
- Editors: Federico Villanueva
- Authors: Athena E. Gorospe, Charles R. Ringma, Federico Villanueva, Gilbert Soo Hoo, Johan Ferreira, Kiem-Kiok Kwa, Pervaiz Sultan, Samson L. Uytanlet
- Publisher: Langham Partnership International
- Bible Book: 1John, 2John, 3John, Judges, Lamentations, Matthew, Micah, Psalms
- Categories: Commentaries
- Min Acc Version: 11.2
Where to Find
Asia Bible Commentary (6 Vols.) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0818||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (August 2018)||33399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1118||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (November 2018)||33999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0319||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2019)||34399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0519||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||35549|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (July 2020)||42568|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster1119||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (November 2019)||36999|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0420||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (April 2020)||37499|
(verified owner) Felipe L
A great series of biblical commentary that is useful for any Christian body (regardless of cultural background).
I really hope that Accordance is able to publish the additional volumes in this series (ex 1 Samuel, Esther, etc)!