Baker Handbooks on the Old Testament (4 works)
For even more information, see this release announcement.
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
The tradition established by Baker Publishing for this handbook series is to provide valuable resources that will help pastors, students, Sunday school teachers, and Bible study leaders better understand the overall flow of each book of the Old Testament.
Filled with background, theological, structural, bibliographical content and more, this series offers years of scholarship by well-known and highly respected professors and authors, and provides a greater balance and depth to your studies.
Volumes included in this set:
- Handbook on the Pentateuch (2nd Edition) by Victor Hamilton: A chapter-by-chapter journey through the Pentateuch, examining the content, structure, and theology with useful commentary on overarching themes and connections between Old Testament texts.
- Handbook on the Historical Books by Victor Hamilton: Hamilton details the events and implications of each book using rhetorical criticism, inductive Bible study techniques, published scholarship, archaeological data, word studies, and text-critical evidence for Joshua, Judges, Ruth, Samuel, Kings, Chronicles, Ezra-Nehemiah, Esther.
- Handbook on the Wisdom Books and Psalms by Daniel J. Estes: In this work, Daniel Estes introduces students to the Old Testament poetical books — Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Songs. Each chapter explores one of the five poetical books. Estes first summarizes some of the book’s key issues. He then devotes the main portion of the chapter to an exposition of the book, interacting with major commentaries and recent studies. Each chapter concludes with an extensive bibliography, allowing for further exploration.
- Handbook on the Prophets by Robert B. Chisholm Jr.: The prophetic books of the Bible contain some of the most difficult passages in the entire Old Testament and can prove especially confusing for those new to this corpus. Robert Chisholm guides students through the important and often complex writings of Isaiah, Jeremiah and Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, and the Minor Prophets. Rather than attempting to provide a detailed verse-by-verse commentary, the handbook focuses on the prevailing themes and central messages of the prophetic books.
- Series Name: Baker Handbooks on the OT
- Authors: Daniel J. Estes, Robert B. Chisholm Jr., Victor P. Hamilton
- Publisher: Baker Publishing Group
- Bible Book: 1Chronicles, 1Kings, 1Samuel, 2Chronicles, 2Kings, 2Samuel, Amos, Daniel, Deuteronomy, Ecclesiastes, Esther, Exodus, Ezekiel, Ezra, Genesis, Habakkuk, Haggai, Hosea, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Job, Joel, Jonah, Joshua, Judges, Lamentations, Leviticus, Malachi, Micah, Nahum, Nehemiah, Numbers, Obadiah, Old Testament, Proverbs, Psalms, Ruth, Song, Zechariah, Zephaniah
- Categories: Add-on Bundles, Commentaries
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
|Commentaries||Chisholm-Prophets||Handbook on the Prophets (Chisholm Jr.)||38.90|
|Commentaries||Estes-Wisdom||Handbook on the Wisdom Books and Psalms (Estes)||35.90|
|Commentaries||Hamilton-Historical||Handbook on the Historical Books (Hamilton)||37.90|
|Commentaries||Hamilton-Pentateuch||Handbook on the Pentateuch (2nd Edition) (Hamilton)||36.90|
There are no reviews yet.