Biblia Hebraica Quinta (6 Fascicles)
This product is no longer available. It has been replaced by the latest 7-volume set.
Six fascicles of the Biblia Hebraica Quinta from the German Bible Society are now available in Accordance.
This edition will succeed the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS) (1977). The aim is to provide an edition with a completely new critical apparatus to the Hebrew (Masoretic) text, accompanied by a commentary volume in which the most difficult cases are treated.
This edition is produced for serious students of the Hebrew Bible. It aims to provide them with a clear presentation of the surviving evidence of the text’s transmission that is relevant for translation and exegesis.
The current fascicles are edited by Adrian Schenker et al. This bundle contains these fascicles (each of which are also available for individual purchase):
- Fascicle 5: Deuteronomy
- Fascicle 7: Judges
- Fascicle 13: The Twelve Minor Prophets
- Fascicle 17: Proverbs
- Fascicle 18: Megilloth (Ruth, Canticles, Qoheleth, Lamentations, Esther)
- Fascicle 20: Ezra and Nehemiah
In addition to a general BHQ Introduction, each volume contains the following associated modules:
- Main text module
- Parallel Apparatus and Masorah (magna and parva)
- Diplomatic text of the Leningrad Codex, cited from new color photographs. As the oldest complete manuscript of the Hebrew Bible, it serves as the base text against which other witnesses are collated. This text is not morphologically tagged.
- A single apparatus as well as Masorah magna and parva of the Leningrad Codex are included in parallel with the text.
- Layout of poetic texts corresponds as closely as possible to Masoretic accentuation.
- Indications of parallel texts are given.
- Text critical cases are generated and noted in the apparatus when a pre-Tiberian witness arguably, but not necessarily, witnesses a Hebrew text that differs from the Tiberian text.
- Two other Tiberian codices are collated for each book.
- Qumran and Judean Desert fragments are collated.
- All available pre-Tiberian witnesses for each textual case are noted.
- A general introduction presents the edition, characterises the text and masorah of the base text, the particular use of resources, the relation of BHQ to BHS and previous editions etc.
- Each book is also accompanied by a commentary.
First Look: Biblia Hebraica Quinta (BHQ) in Accordance:
- Series Name: Biblia Hebraica Quinta (BHQ)
- Bible Book: Amos, Deuteronomy, Ecclesiastes, Esther, Ezra, Habakkuk, Haggai, Hosea, Joel, Jonah, Judges, Lamentations, Malachi, Micah, Nahum, Nehemiah, Obadiah, Ruth, Song, Zechariah, Zephaniah
- Categories: Hebrew Apparatus, Hebrew Bibles
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
Where to Find
Biblia Hebraica Quinta (6 Fascicles) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll13-HebrewMaster1119||Hebrew Master Collection (November 2019)||4399|
|Greek add-on bundles||GBS Apparatus add-on_17||GBS Apparatus add-on to HMT-W4, GNT28-T, LXX1 (with NA28, UBS5-T)||329|
|Hebrew add-on bundles||Hebrew Apparatus add-on_17||Hebrew Apparatus add-on: BHQ-6 (6 fascicles) and BHS-T with apparatus add-on to BHS-W4 or HMT-W4.||199|
|Hebrew add-on bundles||Hebrew Bible Advanced Add-on||Hebrew Bible Advanced Add-on (BHQ-6, BHS-T, MT-ETCBC, HMT-W4, HMT-W4.syntax)||329|
|Hebrew add-on bundles||Hebrew Bible Advanced_1120||Hebrew Bible Advanced Add-on (November 2020)||349|
There are no reviews yet.