Biblia Hebraica Quinta: Fascicle 20 (Ezra/Nehemiah) / January 01, 2006
Read the article: Biblia Hebraica Quinta and the Making of Critical Editions of the Hebrew Bible by Richard D. Weis.
Six fascicles of the Biblia Hebraica Quinta from the German Bible Society are now available in Accordance. This module contains Biblia Hebraica Quinta: Fascicle 20 (Ezra/Nehemiah).
This edition will succeed the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS) (1977). The aim is to provide an edition with a completely new critical apparatus to the Hebrew (Masoretic) text, accompanied by a commentary volume in which the most difficult cases are treated.
This edition is produced for serious students of the Hebrew Bible. It aims to provide them with a clear presentation of the surviving evidence of the text’s transmission that is relevant for translation and exegesis.
The current fascicles are edited by Adrian Schenker et al. Below is a list of individual fascicles currently available:
- Fascicle 1: Genesis
- Fascicle 5: Deuteronomy
- Fascicle 7: Judges
- Fascicle 13: The Twelve Minor Prophets
- Fascicle 17: Proverbs
- Fascicle 18: Megilloth (Ruth, Canticles, Qoheleth, Lamentations, Esther)
- Fascicle 20: Ezra and Nehemiah
- Diplomatic text of the Leningrad Codex, cited from new color photographs. As the oldest complete manuscript of the Hebrew Bible, it serves as the base text against which other witnesses are collated. This text is not morphologically tagged.
- A single apparatus along with Masorah magna and parva of the Leningrad Codex are included in parallel with the text.
- Layout of poetic texts corresponds as closely as possible to Masoretic accentuation.
- Indications of parallel texts are given.
- Text critical cases are generated and noted in the apparatus when a pre-Tiberian witness arguably, but not necessarily, witnesses a Hebrew text that differs from the Tiberian text.
- Two other Tiberian codices are collated for each book.
- Qumran and Judean Desert fragments are collated.
- All available pre-Tiberian witnesses for each textual case are noted.
- A general introduction presents the edition, characterises the text and masorah of the base text, the particular use of resources, the relation of BHQ to BHS and previous editions etc.
This module (BHQ-EZ-NEH) is accompanied by these additional modules:
- BHQ General Introduction (BHQ Intro)
- Apparatus + Masorah (magna and parva) (BHQ-EZ-NEH Apparatus)
- Commentary (BHQ-EZ-NEH Commentary)
First Look: Biblia Hebraica Quinta (BHQ) in Accordance:
Where to Find
Biblia Hebraica Quinta: Fascicle 20 (Ezra/Nehemiah) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-HebrewMaster1017||Hebrew Master Collection (Accordance 12) (October 2017)||3599|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-HebrewMaster1118||Hebrew Master Collection (Accordance 12) (November 2018)||3699|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-HebrewMaster0519||Hebrew Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||3749|
|Hebrew Bibles||BHQ-6||Biblia Hebraica Quinta (6 Fascicles)||199|
|Hebrew Bibles||BHQ_7||Biblia Hebraica Quinta (Bundle of 7 Fascicles)||229|
|Hebrew Apparatus||BHQ_7upBHQ-6||UPGRADE to Biblia Hebraica Quinta (Bundle of 7 Fascicles) from 6-Fascicle Bundle||49.9|
|Hebrew Apparatus||BHQ_7upBHQ-6||UPGRADE to Biblia Hebraica Quinta (Bundle of 7 Fascicles) from BHQ (Original 5-Fascicle Bundle)||84.9|
There are no reviews yet.