Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture – New Testament (17 Volumes)
Upgrade available from CCSS NT (Original 11 Volumes).
Requires Accordance 11.2 or above.
About the Series:
The Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture (CCSS) responds to the desire of Catholics to study the Bible in depth and in a way that integrates Scripture with Catholic doctrine, worship, and daily life. The CCSS implements the theological principles taught by Vatican II for interpreting Scripture “in accord with the same Spirit by which it was written”—that is, interpreting Scripture in its canonical context and in the light of Catholic tradition and the analogy of faith (Dei Verbum 12).
- Matthew – Curtis Mitch, Edward Sri (2010)
- Mark – Mary Healey (2008)
- Luke – Pablo T. Gadenz (2018)
- John – Francis Martin, William M. Wright IV (2015)
- Acts – William S. Kurz (2013)
- Romans – Scott W. Hahn (2017)
- 1 Corinthians – George T. Montague (2011)
- 2 Corinthians – Thomas D. Stegman (2009)
- Galatians – Cardinal Albert Vanhoye and Peter S. Williamson (2019)
- Ephesians – Peter S. Williamson (2009)
- Philippians, Colossians, Philemon – Dennis Hamm (2013)
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians – Nathan Eubank (2019)
- 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus – George T. Montague (2008)
- Hebrews – Mary Healy (2016)
- James, 1, 2 & 3 John – Kelly Anderson and Daniel Keating (2017)
- 1 & 2 Peter, Jude – Daniel A. Keating (2011)
- Revelation – Peter S. Williamson (2015)
The CCSS is packed with features designed to help readers use the Bible more effectively in teaching, preaching, evangelization, and other forms of ministry. Each volume provides exegesis as well as reflection and application sections. A set of cross-references links each passage to the Catechism, the Lectionary, and related biblical texts. Sidebars present information on the background of the text and on how the text has been interpreted by the Church. Abundant quotations from saints and Church Fathers enable readers to glimpse the continuity of Catholic tradition. Each volume includes a Glossary, a list of Suggested Resources, an Index of Pastoral Topics, and an Index of Sidebars.
- Editors: Kevin Perrotta, Mary Healy, Peter S. Williamson
- Authors: Curtis Mitch, Daniel Keating, Dennis Hamm, Edward Sri, Francis Martin, George T. Montague, Kevin Perrotta, Mary Healy, Peter S. Williamson, Thomas D. Stegman, William M. Wright IV, William S. Kurz
- Publisher: Baker Publishing Group
- Bible Book: 1Corinthians, 1John, 1Peter, 1Thessalonians, 1Timothy, 2Corinthians, 2John, 2Peter, 2Thessalonians, 2Timothy, 3John, Acts, Colossians, Ephesians, Galatians, Hebrews, James, John, Jude, Luke, Mark, Matthew, Philemon, Philippians, Revelation, Romans, Titus
- Level: Academic, Popular
- Tradition: Catholic
- Categories: Commentaries
- Min Acc Version: 11.2
There are no reviews yet.