ESV Archaeology Study Bible Notes / January 01, 2017
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
Winner of the ECPA Book of the Year Award for Bibles
Explore the Ancient World Behind the Written Word
Created by a team of field-trained archaeologists, this highly illustrative Bible features brand-new notes and hundreds of helpful maps and photographs.
2,000+ study notes, 400+ full-color photographs, 200+ maps and diagrams, 15 articles, 4 timelines, and more.
The ESV Archaeology Study Bible roots the biblical text in its historical and cultural context, offering readers a framework for better understanding the people, places, and events recorded in Scripture.
With editorial oversight from Dr. John Currid (PhD, University of Chicago) and Dr. David Chapman (PhD, University of Cambridge), as well as contributions from a team of field-trained archaeologists, the ESV Archaeology Study Bible assembles a range of modern scholarship―pairing the biblical text with over 2,000 study notes, 400 full-color photographs, 200 maps and diagrams, 200 sidebars, 14 articles, and 4 timelines.
These features bring life to the ancient texts, helping readers situate them in their historical context while recognizing the truth that the eternal God became flesh entered human history at a specific time and in a specific place.
- 2,000+ study notes
- 400+ full-color photographs
- 200+ maps and diagrams
- 200+ informational sidebars
- 14 articles, such as “Introduction to the ESV Archaeology Study Bible,” “The Dead Sea Scrolls,” “Archaeology as an Academic Discipline,” “Expository Preaching and Archaeology,” and “Daily Life in the Judea-Palestine in New Testament Times”
- 4 timelines
Note: While the printed version of the ESV Archaeology Study Bible contains the actual ESV Text, this product does not. It contains all the Notes, Articles, Photographs, Diagrams, and Timelines of the printed product. This product can run in parallel with any Accordance biblical text.
- Editors: David W. Chapman, John D. Currid
- Authors: Barry J. Beitzel, Boyd Seevers, Catherine L. McDowell, David L. Adams, David W. Chapman, Gerald L. Mattingly, John D. Currid, Larry G. Herr, Lawrence T. Geraty, Mark Wilson, Paul H. Wright, Richard S. Hess, Steven M. Ortiz, Thomas W. Davis
- Publisher: Crossway
- Publish Date: January 1, 2017
- Categories: Study Bible Notes
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
There are no reviews yet.