Expositor’s Bible Commentary – Abridged Edition (2 volumes)
Formerly included in the NIV Study Bible Complete Library and the Essential Zondervan Bible Study Suite. Now available for individual purchase through Easy Install.
Formerly titled The Zondervan NIV Bible Commentary
Here is a commentary of the Old and New Testament for readers who are not satisfied with the brevity of the standard one-volume commentaries but do not need a large, expensive set of commentaries. The Expositor’s Bible Commentary: Abridged Edition is an abridgment of the award-winning Expositor’s Bible Commentary. It retains all the essential information and insights of the original twelve-volume set, without cumbersome technical details. The contributors represent the best in evangelical scholarship from a wide range of denominations. Charts, maps, tables, and pictures have been added to make this set a reference work that is truly useful for all readers of the Bible. Another useful feature is the insertion of Goodrick / Kohlenberger numbers wherever a Hebrew or Greek word is discussed in some detail.
- Editors: John R. Kohlenberger III, Kenneth L. Barker
- Authors: A. Skevington Wood, Alan F. Johnson, Allen P. Ross, Arthur A. Rupprecht, Carl E. Armerding, Charles Lee Feinberg, Curtis Vaughan, D. A. Carson, D. Edmond Hiebert, Dennis F. Kinlaw, Donald H. Madvig, Donald W. Burdick, Earl S. Kalland, Edwin A. Blum, Edwin M. Yamauchi, Elmer B. Smick, Everett F. Harrison, F. B. Huey Jr., Geoffrey W. Grogan, Gleason L. Archer Jr., Glenn W. Barker, H. L. Ellison, Herbert Wolf, Hermann J. Austel, Homer A. Kent Jr., J. Barton Payne, J. Stafford Wright, James Montgomery Boice, John H. Sailhamer, Larry Lee Walker, Leon J. Wood, Leon L. Morris, Merrill C. Tenney, Murray J. Harris, R. Laird Harris, Ralph Earle, Ralph H. Alexander, Richard D. Patterson, Richard N. Longenecker, Robert L. Alden, Robert L. Thomas, Ronald B. Allen, Ronald F. Youngblood, Thomas E. McComiskey, W. Harold Mare, Walter C. Kaiser Jr., Walter L. Liefeld, Walter W. Wessel, Willem A. VanGemeren
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Bible Book: 1Chronicles, 1Corinthians, 1John, 1Kings, 1Peter, 1Samuel, 1Thessalonians, 1Timothy, 2Chronicles, 2Corinthians, 2John, 2Kings, 2Peter, 2Samuel, 2Thessalonians, 2Timothy, 3John, Acts, Amos, Colossians, Daniel, Deuteronomy, Ecclesiastes, Ephesians, Esther, Exodus, Ezekiel, Galatians, Genesis, Habakkuk, Haggai, Hebrews, Hosea, Isaiah, James, Jeremiah, Job, Joel, John, Jonah, Joshua, Jude, Judges, Lamentations, Leviticus, Luke, Malachi, Mark, Matthew, Micah, Nahum, New Testament, Numbers, Obadiah, Old Testament, Philemon, Philippians, Proverbs, Psalms, Revelation, Romans, Ruth, Song, Titus, Zechariah, Zephaniah
- Level: Semi-technical, Student
- Tradition: Evangelical, Reformed Christian
- Categories: Commentaries
Where to Find
Expositor's Bible Commentary - Abridged Edition (2 volumes) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1016||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (October 2016)||24999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0117||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (January 2017)||25799|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0417||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (April 2017)||26799|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0717||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (July 2017)||27999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1017||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (October 2017)||29999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0218||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2018)||30899|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0518||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2018)||31599|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0818||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (August 2018)||33399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1118||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (November 2018)||33999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0319||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2019)||34399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0519||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||35549|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster1119||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (November 2019)||36999|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0420||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (April 2020)||37499|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (July 2020)||42568|
|Primary Collections||NIV-C||NIV Study Bible Complete Library for Macintosh® CD-ROM||129|
|English Studies||Essential ZBSS||Zondervan Essential Bible Study Suite for Macintosh® CD-ROM||69|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 1Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (1st Quarter 2015)||15999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 2Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (2nd Quarter 2015)||16999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2015)||18699|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 4Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (4th Quarter 2015)||19999|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 1Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (1st Quarter 2016)||21249|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2016)||23999|
This came on the cd i first got with accordance! I found i was using it a lot initially as it was easier to use in accordance rather than get up and get my hard copy of the oxford commentary.
For an initial Single volume commentary, it is very good. However over the years my needs and my resources have changed. I now have a good selection of study bibles and tend to use those more as initial lookups. I have also switched to the nrsv as my main translation and find the oxford commentary to be a better tool as it has both the apocrypha and parallel volumes so integrates totally.
If you dont use the nrsv, then this is a very good single volume for a quick over view. If you use the nrsv, then you may want to consider alternatives.