Four Views on Christianity and Philosophy (Counterpoints Series) / September 13, 2016
Use coupon code 3Views to get an extra 10% off the purchase of three or more individual Counterpoints modules when purchased at the same time.
For more information, see this summary article.
There are 42 volumes available from this series and are available in the following products:
- A 7-Volume Set (Release 4)
- A 16-Volume Set (Release 1)
- An 11-Volume Set (Release 2)
- The 8-Volume Set (Release 3) that includes this module
- The 42-Volume Series Bundle (all currently available volumes)
- Forty-two individual volumes are also available.
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
Philosophy and Christianity make truth claims about many of the same things. They both claim to provide answers to the deep questions of life. But how are they related to one another? Four Views on Christianity and Philosophy introduces readers to four predominant views on the relationship between philosophy and the Christian faith and their implications for life. Each author identifies the propositional relation between philosophy and Christianity along with a section devoted to the implications for living a life devoted to the pursuit of wisdom.
The contributors and views include:
- Graham Oppy—Conflict: Philosophy Trumps Christianity
- K. Scott Oliphint—Covenant: Christianity Trumps Philosophy
- Timothy McGrew—Convergence: Philosophy Confirms Christianity
- Paul Moser—Conformation: Philosophy Reconceived Under Christianity
General editors Paul M. Gould and Richard Davis explain the background to the discussion and provide some historical background in the introduction, as well as helpful summaries of each position in the conclusion. In the reader-friendly Counterpoints format, this book helps readers to reflect on the strengths and weaknesses of each view and draw informed conclusions in this much-debated topic.
Four Views on Christianity and Philosophy
• Series: Counterpoints – Bible and Theology
• Series Editor: Stanley N. Gundry
• General Editors: Paul M. Gould, Richard David
• Contributors: Graham Oppy, K. Scott Oliphint, Timothy McGrew, Paul Moser
• Publisher: Zondervan (2016)
Where to Find
Four Views on Christianity and Philosophy (Counterpoints Series) is included with the following packages
|English Master Collection (July 2020)
|8 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series (Release 3)
There are no reviews yet.