How Jewish Is Christianity?: 2 Views on Messianic Movement
See this summary article for a summary of the Counterpoints series and a list of individual volumes.
There are 35 volumes available from this series and are available in the following products:
- A 16-Volume Set (Release 1)
- An 11-Volume Set (Release 2)
- The 8-Volume Set (Release 3)
- Thirty-five individual volumes are also available.
A lively discussion in which six authors interact with each other on whether Messianic congregations are necessary or whether Jewish believers should instead be incorporated into the Gentile church.
Diverse perspectives about the messianic movement — from six contributors. Are Messianic congregations necessary or should Jewish believers be incorporated into the Gentile church?
The question of how Christian Jews relate their Jewish practices and customs to the church has been an issue within Christianity since the first century. Contemporary contributors who have lived and wrestled with this issue present informed arguments and counter-arguments. The book concludes with a chapter on the future for Messianic Jews and a directory of messianic movement organizations.
- John Fischer (ThD, California Graduate School of Theology, PhD, University of South Florida) is a rabbi of Congregation Ohr Chadash and Chairman of Judaic Studies at St. Petersburg Theological Seminary.
- Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum (ThM, PhD, New York University) has served with the Chosen People Ministries and Christian Jew Foundation in the past and is now the founder and director of Ariel Ministries.
- Gershon Nerel (PhD, Hebrew University, Jerusalem) has served as “Israel Secretary” for the International Messianic Jewish Alliance and has also been a member of the executive committee for the Messianic Jewish Alliance of Israel.
- David Stern (PhD, MDiv) is the translator of the Jewish New Testament from Greek to English to express its Jewishness; his version of the Tanak is the Complete Jewish Bible.
- Will Varner (EdD, Temple University) servers as professor of biblical studies at the Master’s College, CA, and the director of the Israel Bible Extension campus of this college in Israel.
How Jewish is Christianity?: 2 Views on Messianic Movement
• Series: Counterpoints – Exploring Theology
• Series Editor: Stanley N. Gundry
• General Editor: Louis Goldberg
• Contributors: William Varner, Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, David H. Stern, John Fischer, Gershon Nerel
• Publisher: Zondervan (released 11/11/03)
Where to Find
How Jewish Is Christianity?: 2 Views on Messianic Movement is included with the following packages
|Theology||Views-27 Counterpoints-sp||27 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series – Special Offer||489.99|
|Theology||Views-11 Counterpoints||11 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series (Release #2)||199.00|
|Theology||Views-11 Counterpoints-sp||11 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series – Special Offer||198.89|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 1Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (1st Quarter 2015)||15999.00|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 2Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (2nd Quarter 2015)||16999.00|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2015)||18699.00|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 4Q15||All-in-All Accordance Program (4th Quarter 2015)||19999.00|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 1Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (1st Quarter 2016)||21249.00|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2016)||23999.00|
There are no reviews yet.