NICNT: The Book of Revelation, by Robert H. Mounce / January 01, 1997
Save more with the entire NT set.
When first published, this volume on Revelation by Robert H. Mounce was widely praised as a standard commentary on the Apocalypse. In this new edition, now based on the text of the NIV and Nestle-Aland, Mounce has revised and expanded his work to reflect more than twenty additional years of mature thought on Revelation and to bring his work up to date with the latest scholarship. As in the original edition, Mounce here engages seriously with the various approaches to interpretation and with the conventions common to apocalyptic literature. In affirming more directly his own reading of the Apocalypse, Mounce steers a middle course between an extreme literalism and a highly imaginative subjectivism, believing this to be the way the ancient text spoke to the first-century churches to whom it was addressed – and the way it still speaks to us today.
- Series Name: New International Commentary on the New Testament (NICNT)
- Editors: F. F. Bruce, Gordon D. Fee, Ned B. Stonehouse
- Authors: Robert H. Mounce
- Publisher: Wm. B. Eerdmans
- Publish Date: January 1, 1997
- ISBN: 0-8028-2537-0
- # of Pages: 411
- Bible Book: Revelation
- Level: Academic, Semi-technical, Student
- Tradition: Evangelical
- Categories: Commentary Volumes
There are no reviews yet.