NIGTC Commentary: James (Peter H. Davids): A Commentary on the Greek Text / January 01, 1982
For even more information on this series, see this article.
Save more with the entire NIGTC set.
In this extensive study, Peter H. Davids considers questions concerning authorship, date of composition, form and structure, and the language and style of the text. He also explores seven key theological themes in James: suffering/testing; eschatology; Christology; poverty-piety; the relation of law, grace, and faith; wisdom; and prayer. Davids is well acquainted with the relevant Hellenistic, Jewish, and early Christian literature and uses it frequently to point out parallels and to clarify the meaning of the text.
- Series Name: The New International Greek Testament Commentary (NIGTC)
- Editors: I. Howard Marshall, W. Ward Gasque
- Authors: Peter H. Davids
- Publisher: Wm. B. Eerdmans
- Publish Date: January 1, 1982
- ISBN: 0-8028-2388-2
- # of Pages: 201
- Bible Book: James
- Level: Academic, Student, Technical
- Tradition: Evangelical
- Categories: Commentary Volumes
There are no reviews yet.