- Series: New International Greek Testament Commentaries
- General Editors: I. Howard Marshall, W. Ward Gasque, Donald A. Hagner
- Publisher: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company
This commentary series is established on the presupposition that the theological character of the New Testament documents calls for exegesis that is sensitive to theological themes as well as to the details of the historical, linguistic, and textual context. Such thorough exegetical work lies at the heart of these volumes, which contain detailed verse-by-verse commentary preceded by general comments on each section and subsection of the text.
An important aim of the NIGTC authors is to interact with the wealth of significant New Testament research published in recent articles and monographs. In this connection the authors make their own scholarly contributions to the ongoing study of the biblical text.
The text on which these commentaries are based is the UBS Greek New Testament, edited by Kurt Aland and others. While engaging the major questions of text and interpretation at a scholarly level, the authors keep in mind the needs of the beginning student of Greek as well as the pastor or layperson who may have studied the language at some time but does not now use it on a regular basis.
NIGTC (13 Volumes)
List Price $800
Regular Price $549
The thirteen (13) included volumes are also available individually:
- Matthew – John Nolland (2005) (Reg. price $79.90)
- Mark – R. T. France (2002) (Reg. price $53.90)
- Luke – I. Howard Marshall (1978) (Reg. price $58.90)
- Romans – Richard N. Longenecker (2016) (Reg. price $71.90)
- 1 Corinthians – Anthony C. Thiselton (2000) (Reg. price $69.90)
- 2 Corinthians – Murray J. Harris (2005) (Reg. price $64.90)
- Galatians – F. F. Bruce (1982) (Reg. price $39.90)
- Colossians & Philemon – James D. G. Dunn (1996) (Reg. price $39.90)
- Thessalonians – Charles A. Wanamaker (1990) (Reg. price $33.90)
- Pastoral Epistles – George W. Knight III (1992) (Reg. price $48.90)
- Hebrews – Paul Ellingworth (1993) (Reg. price $55.90)
- James – Peter H. Davids (1982) (Reg. price $30.90)
- Revelation – G. K. Beale (1999) (Reg. price $69.90)
- Initial Release: September 2008
- August 2016 update removed the volume on Philippians at the Publisher’s request.
- October 2016 update added the new volume on Romans by Richard Longenecker.
NIGTC Set History
|Matthew (John Nolland)||◼||◼||◼|
|Mark (R. T. France)||◼||◼||◼|
|Luke (I. Howard Marshall)||◼||◼||◼|
|Romans (Richard Longenecker)||New|
|1st Corinthians (Anthony C. Thiselton)||◼||◼||◼|
|2nd Corinthians (Murray J. Harrison)||◼||◼||◼|
|Galatians (F. F. Bruce)||◼||◼||◼|
|Philippians (Peter T. O’Brien)||◼||No longer available|
|Colossians/Philemon (James D. G. Dunn)||◼||◼||◼|
|Thessalonians (Charles A. Wanamaker)||◼||◼||◼|
|Pastoral Epistles (George W. Knight III)||◼||◼||◼|
|Hebrews (Paul Ellingworth)||◼||◼||◼|
|James (Peter H. Davids)||◼||◼||◼|
|Revelation (G. K. Beale)||◼||◼||◼|