NIGTC Thessalonians (Charles A. Wanamaker): A Commentary on the Greek Text / January 01, 1990
For even more information on this series, see this article.
Save more with the entire NIGTC set.
Charles A. Wannamaker applies sociological models and rhetorical analysis to the Thessalonian epistles as well as traditional historical-critical, linguistic, literary and theological approaches. By combining the two exegetical approaches, Wannamaker strives to understand and explain Pauline Christianity at Thessalonica as a socio-religious movement in the first century Greco-Roman world and attempts to grasp the social character and functions of Paul’s letters within this context. This is a scholarly work.
- Series Name: The New International Greek Testament Commentary (NIGTC)
- Editors: Donald A. Hagner, I. Howard Marshall
- Authors: Charles A. Wanamaker
- Publisher: Wm. B. Eerdmans
- Publish Date: January 1, 1990
- ISBN: 0-85364-510-8
- # of Pages: 293
- Bible Book: 1Thessalonians, 2Thessalonians
- Level: Academic, Student, Technical
- Tradition: Evangelical
- Categories: Commentary Volumes
There are no reviews yet.