Orthodox Study Bible Notes: Ancient Christianity Speaks to Today's World / June 17, 2008
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
For even more information on this product and the 2-year reading plan, see this post.
The FIRST EVER Orthodox Study Bible presents the Bible of the early church and the church of the early Bible.
Orthodox Christianity is the face of ancient Christianity to the modern world and embraces the second largest body of Christians in the world. In this first-of-its-kind study Bible, the Bible is presented with commentary from the ancient Christian perspective that speaks to those Christians who seek a deeper experience of the roots of their faith. Readers will gain insight into the early Christian perspective of the Old Testament text and teachings and deepen their understanding of church history in the first ten centuries of Christianity.
- SAAS (St. Athanasius Academy Septuagint) Old Testament translation, which is newly translated from the Greek text of the Septuagint, including the Deuterocanon (See note below regarding the New Testament)
- Commentary drawn from the early Church Christians
- Easy-to-Locate liturgical readings
- Book Introductions and Outlines
- Subject Index
- Full-color Icons
- Full-color Maps
- 2-year Reading Plan: The readings plan is formatted as two separate modules (OSB Readings 1, OSB Readings 2) with readings from OT, NT, Psalms, and Proverbs each day in order to read through the Bible in two years.
Note: While the printed version of the Orthodox Study Bible contains the text of the SAAS Septuagint and the text of the NKJV New Testament inline with the commentary, the Accordance version includes the SAAS Septuagint as a separate module (SAAS) and does NOT contain a New Testament text. As always, though, this study Bible can be used in parallel with any Accordance texts.
Users who purchase the Orthodox Study Bible AND own either the NKJV or NKJVS can order the free upgrade to the SAAS-NKJV module that combines the SAAS Septuagint and the NKJV into a single module to run in parallel to the Orthodox Study Bible.
For even more information, see this release announcement.
- Editors: Eugen Pentiuc, Jack Norman Sparks, Joseph Allen, Metropolitan MAXIMOS, Michel Najim, Theodore Stylianopoulos
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publish Date: June 17, 2008
- ISBN: 978-0718003593
- # of Pages: 1856
- Bible Book: Additions to Daniel, Additions to Esther, Apocrypha, Bel, New Testament, Old Testament, Psalm 151, Susanna
- Level: Popular
- Tradition: Eastern Orthodox, Orthodox Church
- Categories: Study Bible Notes
- Publisher Categories: Christian Orthodoxy
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
|Accessory Modules||OSB Readings 1||Orthodox Study Bible: Reading Plan Year 1||N/A|
|Accessory Modules||OSB Readings 2||Orthodox Study Bible: Reading Plan Year 2||N/A|
|Accessory Modules||SAAS||St. Athanasius Academy Septuagint||N/A|
Where to Find
Orthodox Study Bible Notes is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngExpert0519||English Expert Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||3999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngExpert_0519||English Expert Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||3999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster1119||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (November 2019)||36999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0420||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (April 2020)||37499.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (July 2020)||38699.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngExpert||English Expert Collection (Accordance 12)||3999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngExpert_0319||English Expert Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2019)||3999.00|
|Add-on Bundles||All-in-All 3Q16||All-in-All Accordance Program (3rd Quarter 2016)||23999.00|
There are no reviews yet.