Perspectives: On Tithing (4 Views) / January 01, 2011
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
Was the tithe just for Israel, or is it also applicable to Christians? Must a tithe go only to your local church, or can it be received by any Christian organization? Do we tithe on the net or the gross amount?
Perspectives on Tithing presents in point-counterpoint format the most common views about how Christians are to give of their financial resources, addressing the myriad of questions that surround the complex issue.
- Ken Hemphill (Empowering Kingdom Growth) and Bobby Eklund (Eklund Stewardship Ministries) contribute “The Foundations of Giving”
- The book’s editor, David A. Croteau (Liberty University), writes “The Post-Tithing View: Giving in the New Covenant.”
- A chapter by Reggie Kidd (Reformed Theological Seminary) is called “Tithing in the New Covenant? ‘Yes’ as Principle, ‘No’ as Casuistry.”
- Gary North (Institute for Christian Economics) looks directly at “The Covenantal Tithe,” and Scott Preissler (Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) provides the epilogue.
- Series Name: Perspectives (BHP)
- Editors: David A. Croteau
- Authors: Bobby Eklund, David A. Croteau, Gary North, Ken Hemphill, Reggie Kidd, Scott Preissler
- Publisher: Broadman & Holman Publishers
- Publish Date: January 1, 2011
- Categories: Theology
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
Where to Find
Perspectives: On Tithing (4 Views) is included with the following packages
|English add-on bundles||BHP Perspectives_14||Perspectives Series (14 Volumes)||199|
There are no reviews yet.