Two Views on Homosexuality, the Bible, and the Church (Counterpoints Series) / November 29, 2016
Use coupon code 3Views to get an extra 10% off the purchase of three or more individual Counterpoints modules when purchased at the same time.
For more information, see this summary article.
There are 42 volumes available from this series and are available in the following products:
- A 7-Volume Set (Release 4)
- A 16-Volume Set (Release 1)
- An 11-Volume Set (Release 2)
- The 8-Volume Set (Release 3) that includes this module
- The 42-Volume Series Bundle (all currently available volumes)
- Forty-two individual volumes are also available.
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
No issue is more divisive or more pressing for the church today than homosexuality. Two Views on Homosexuality, the Bible, and the Church brings a fresh perspective to a well-worn debate. While Christian debates about homosexuality are most often dominated by biblical exegesis, this book seeks to give much-needed attention to the rich history of received Christian tradition, bringing the Bible into conversation with historical and systematic theology. To that end, both theologians and biblical scholars—well accomplished in their fields and conversant in issues of sexuality and gender—articulate and defend each of the two views:
- William Loader
- Megan K. DeFranza
- Wesley Hill
- Stephen R. Holmes
Unique among most debates on homosexuality, this book presents a constructive dialogue between people who disagree on significant ethical and theological matters, and yet maintain a respectful and humanizing posture toward one another. Even as these scholars articulate pointed arguments for their position with academic rigor and depth, they do so cordially, clearly, and compassionately, without demeaning the other.
The main essays are followed by exceptionally insightful responses and rejoinders that interact with their fellow essayists with convicted civility. Holding to a high view of Scripture, a commitment to the gospel and the church, and a love for people—especially those most affected by this topic—the contributors wrestle deeply with the Bible and theology, especially the prohibition texts, the role of procreation, gender complementarity, and pastoral accommodation.
The book concludes with general editor Preston Sprinkle’s reflections on the future of discussions on faith and sexuality.
Two Views on Homosexuality, the Bible, and the Church
• Series: Counterpoints – Bible and Theology
• Series Editor: Stanley N. Gundry
• General Editor: Preston Sprinkle
• Contributors: William Loader, Megan K. DeFranza, Wesley Hill, Stephen R. Holmes
• Publisher: Zondervan (2016)
- Series Name: Counterpoints Series
- Editors: Preston Sprinkle, Stanley N. Gundry
- Authors: Megan K. DeFranza, Stephen R. Holmes, Wesley Hill, William Loader
- Publish Date: November 29, 2016
- ISBN: 9780310528661
- # of Pages: 240
- Categories: Theology
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
Where to Find
Two Views on Homosexuality, the Bible, and the Church (Counterpoints Series) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (July 2020)||38699|
|Biblical Studies||Views-8 Counterpoints||8 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series (Release 3)||156.92|
There are no reviews yet.