This upgrade is offered to users who previously purchased the 26-volume New Testament Anchor Bible Commentary Set (Anchor-NT). Users who purchase this upgrade will receive the 27-volume New Testament Anchor Bible Commentary Set (Anchor-NT-27) which adds a new additional volume for Revelation. Add this upgrade product to the cart like any other product.
The Anchor Yale Bible is a project of international and interfaith scope in which Protestant, Catholic, and Jewish scholars from many countries contribute individual volumes. The project is not sponsored by any ecclesiastical organization and is not intended to reflect any particular theological doctrine.
The Anchor Yale Bible is committed to producing commentaries in the tradition established half a century ago by the founders of the series, William Foxwell Albright and David Noel Freedman. It aims to present the best contemporary scholarship in a way that is accessible not only to scholars but also to the educated nonspecialist. Its approach is grounded in exact translation of the ancient languages and an appreciation of the historical and cultural context in which the biblical books were written supplemented by insights from modern methods, such as sociological and literary criticism.
This product contains two separate modules. The main module (Anchor-NT) covers the entire New Testament with the exception of Matthew.
- Mark 1-8 (Vol. 27) by Joel Marcus (2002)
- Mark 8-16 (Vol. 27A) by Joel Marcus (2009)
- Luke I-IX (Vol. 28) by Joseph A. Fitzmyer (1970)
- Luke X-XXIV (Vol. 28A) by Joseph A. Fitzmyer (1985)
- John I-XII (Vol. 29) by Raymond E. Brown (1995)
- John XIII-XXI (Vol. 29A) by Raymond E. Brown (1970)
- Acts of the Apostles (Vol. 31) by Joseph A. Fitzmyer (1998)
- Romans (Vol. 33) by Joseph A. Fitzmyer (1993)
- I Corinthians (Vol. 32) by William F. Orr and James A. Walther (1976)
- II Corinthians (Vol. 32A) by Victor Paul Furnish (2005)
- Galatians (Vol. 33A) by J. Louis Martyn (2004)
- Ephesians 1-3 (Vol. 34) by Markus Barth (1974)
- Ephesians 4-6 (Vol. 34A) by Markus Barth (1998)
- Philippians (Vol. 33B) by John Reumann (2008)
- Colossians (Vol. 34B) by Markus Barth and Helmut Blanke (Translated by Astrid B. Beck) (2005)
- Letters to the Thessalonians (Vol. 32B) by Abraham J. Malherbe (2004)
- First and Second Letters to Timothy (Vol. 35A) by Luke Timothy Johnson (2001)
- Letter to Titus (and Intro to Pastoral Epistles) (Vol. 35) by Jerome D. Quinn (2005)
- Letter to Philemon (Vol. 34C) by Joseph A. Fitzmyer (2000)
- Hebrews (Vol. 36) by Craig R. Koester (2001)
- Letter of James (Vol. 37A) by Luke Timothy Johnson (2005)
- 1 Peter (Vol. 37B) by John H. Elliott (2001)
- 2 Peter, Jude (Vol. 37C) by Jerome H. Neyrey (1994)
- Epistles of John (Vol. 30) by Raymond E. Brown (1995)
- Revelation (Vol. 38) by J. Massyngberde Ford (1995)
The following parallel volumes are contained in a secondary module (Anchor NT2-2):
- First Corinthians (Vol. 32 - 2nd Edition) by Joseph A. Fitzmyer (2008)
- Revelation (Vol. 38A) by Craig R. Koester (2014)
For even more information, see this review in Themelios.
The Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries
• General Editors: John J. Collins, William Foxwell Albright, David Noel Freedman
• Publisher: Yale University Press