New American Commentary - Old Testament (24 volumes)
Category: Commentary Volumes | Install Options: Download only
Save more with the entire set.
See this Article for more information on the NAC series and a complete list of NAC upgrades and partial sets.
The New American Commentary series is an exceptionally acclaimed resource for ministers and Bible students who want to understand and expound the Scriptures. Notable features in each volume include:
- Commentary based on the New International Version
- Sound scholarly methodology reflecting capable research in the original languages.
- Interpretation emphasizing the theological unity of each book and Scripture as a whole.
- Readable and applicable exposition.
“The strength of The New American Commentary is that it genuinely focuses on what the text says. This does not mean that the authors are out of touch with the vast array of secondary literature; rather it means they are committed to putting first things first. Pastors and Bible teachers will be grateful for this resource for years to come.”—D.A. Carson, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
“The scholarship behind The New American Commentary is first rate, but the books are written clearly enough for ordinary people to understand them....These books bring out something of the profound meaning of the original writers.”—Leon Morris, Melbourne, Australia
This module includes 24 published Old Testament volumes with a print value of about $729. The entire OT is covered with the exception of Psalms.
In addition to this 24-volume set, the NAC series is available in the following formats:
- NAC: With 42 volumes
- NAC-NT: With 18 New Testament volumes
- NAC-Pentateuch: 6 volumes
- NAC-History: 6 volumes
- NAC-Wisdom: 2 volumes
- NAC-Major Prophets: 5 volumes
- NAC-Minor Prophets: 5 volumes
- NAC-Gospels-Acts: 6 volumes
- NAC-Pauline Epistles: 7 volumes
- NAC-General Epistles: 5 volumes
The New American Commentary
• General Editor: E. Ray Clendenen
• Associate General Editor, OT: Kenneth A. Mathews
• Associate General Editor, NT: David S. Dockery
• Publisher: B & H Publishing Group