Apocryphal Apocalypses (English Translation)
English translation of a collection of Greek Apocryphal Apocalypses. There are eight basic texts represented in this collection (the first four have survived in their entirety):
- Apocalypsis Mosis (Life of Adam and Eve) – 3rd-5th Century (*)
- Apocalypsis Esdrae (Greek Apocalypse of Ezra) – 2nd-9th Century (*)
- Apocalypsis Pauli (Apocalypse of Paul) – 4th Century (*)
- Apocalypsis Iohannis (Apocalypse of John the Theologian) – 6th Century (*)
- Apocalypse of John-N (Apocalypse of John Chrysostom) – 6th Century – This unusual apocalypse represents a unique variation of the Apocalypsis Iohannis
- Questions of Bartholomew (Gospel of Bartholomew) – 2nd-5th Century (?)
- Apocalypse of Peter (represented by three Greek fragments and a collection of four Patristic quotations)
- 6 Ezra (2 Esdras 15-16)
(*) Reproduced from C. Tischendorf, Apocalypses Apocryphae (Leipzig: H. Mendelssohn, 1866).
Formatted as a text to run in parallel with the tagged Greek APOCAL-T and included with the purchase of that module.
Where to Find
Apocryphal Apocalypses (English Translation) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-GreekExpert||Greek Expert Collection (Accordance 12)||1999|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-GreekExpert||Greek Expert Collection||1999|
|Greek add-on bundles||Early Greek add-on||Early Greek Christian add-on: Apocryphal and other Early Greek Christian Writings||269|
|Greek add-on bundles||Koine Greek add-on||Apocryphal and other Early Koine Greek Christian Writings||399|
|Greek add-on bundles||Koine Greek add-on_17||Apocryphal and other Early Koine Greek Christian Writings (Koine Greek Add-on)||419|
|Greek Non-Biblical Texts||APOCAL-T||Apocryphal Apocalypses (Greek and English)||49.9|
There are no reviews yet.