Five Views on the Exodus (Counterpoints Series): Historicity, Chronology, and Theological Implications / April 13, 2021
Use coupon code 3Views to get an extra 10% off the purchase of three or more individual Counterpoints modules when purchased at the same time.
For more information, see this summary article.
There are 42 volumes available from this series and are available in the following products:
- The 7-Volume Set (Release 4) that includes this module
- A 16-Volume Set (Release 1)
- An 11-Volume Set (Release 2)
- An 8-Volume Set (Release 3)
- The 42-Volume Series Bundle (all currently available volumes)
- Forty-two individual volumes are also available.
Requires Accordance 11.2 or above.
Gain a thorough understanding of the competing views on the historicity, chronology, and theological implications of the exodus.
The biblical account of the Israelite exodus from Egypt is one of the most enduring narratives ever told and is a foundational event for several world religions. It resonates across cultures with its timeless themes of redemption and deliverance. It is also the only explanation the Bible gives for Israel’s origin.
Despite its unique legacy, many scholars regard the exodus as fictitious or a cultural memory that may not be a historical event. Even among those who believe the exodus happened, there is no consensus regarding its date.
Five Views on the Exodus brings together experts in the fields of biblical studies, Egyptology, and archaeology to discuss and debate the most vexing questions about the exodus. Each offers their own view and constructive responses to other leading views:
- Early Date: The Exodus Took Place in the Fifteenth Century BC (Scott Stripling)
- Late Date: A Historical Exodus in the Thirteenth Century BC (James K. Hoffmeier)
- A Hyksos Levite Led Exodus in the Time of Ramesses II (Peter Feinman)
- Alternative Late Date: The Exodus Took Place in the Twelfth Century BC (Gary A. Rendsburg)
- The Exodus as Cultural Memory: A Transformation of Historical Events (Ronald Hendel)
The Counterpoints series presents a comparison and critique of scholarly views on topics important to Christians that are both fair-minded and respectful of the biblical text. Each volume is a one-stop reference that allows readers to evaluate the different positions on a specific issue and form their own, educated opinion.
- Series Name: Counterpoints Series
- Editors: Mark D. Janzen, Stanley N. Gundry
- Authors: Gary A. Rendsburg, James K. Hoffmeier, Peter Feinman, Ronald Hendel, Scott Stripling
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Publish Date: April 13, 2021
- ISBN: 9780310108764
- # of Pages: 304
- Level: Academic, Popular, Student, Teacher
- Language: English
- Categories: Theology
- Publisher Categories: RELIGION / Christian Theology / General
- Min Acc Version: 11.2
Where to Find
Five Views on the Exodus (Counterpoints Series) is included with the following packages
|Biblical Studies||Views-7 Counterpoints||7 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series (Release 4)||115.93|
There are no reviews yet.