Four Views on Role of Works at the Final Judgment (Counterpoints Series) / July 13, 2013
Use coupon code 3Views to get an extra 10% off the purchase of three or more individual Counterpoints modules when purchased at the same time.
For more information, see this summary article.
There are 42 volumes available from this series and are available in the following products:
- A 7-Volume Set (Release 4)
- A 16-Volume Set (Release 1)
- An 11-Volume Set (Release 2)
- The 8-Volume Set (Release 3) that includes this module
- The 42-Volume Series Bundle (all currently available volumes)
- Forty-two individual volumes are also available.
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
Through a discussion of biblical texts, this book presents four perspectives on the role of works at the final judgment including:
- Robert N. Wilkin: Works will determine rewards but not salvation: At the Judgment Seat of Christ each believer will be judged by Christ to determine his eternal rewards, but he remains eternally secure even if the judgment reveals he failed to persevere in good works (or in faith).
- Thomas R. Schreiner: Works will provide evidence that one actually has been saved: At the final judgment works provide the necessary condition, though not the ground for final salvation, in that they provide evidence as to whether one has actually trusted in Jesus Christ.
- James D. G. Dunn: Works will provide the criterion by which Christ will determine eternal destiny of his people: Since Paul, Jesus, and the New Testament writers hold together “justification by faith and not by works” with “judgment according to works”, we should not fall into the trap of playing one off against the other or blend them in a way that diminishes the force of each.
- Michael P. Barber: Works will merit eternal life: At the final judgment, good works will be rewarded with eternal salvation. However, these good works will be meritorious not apart from Christ but precisely because of the union of the believer with him.
Four Views on the Role of Works at the Final Judgment
• Series: Counterpoints – Bible and Theology
• Series Editor: Stanley N. Gundry
• General Editor: Alan P. Stanley
• Contributors: Robert N. Wilkin, Thomas R. Schreiner, James D. G. Dunn, Michael P. Barber
• Publisher: Zondervan (2013)
Where to Find
Four Views on Role of Works at the Final Judgment (Counterpoints Series) is included with the following packages
|English Master Collection (July 2020)
|8 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series (Release 3)
There are no reviews yet.