Four Views on the Church’s Mission (Counterpoints Series) / October 24, 2017
Use coupon code 3Views to get an extra 10% off the purchase of three or more individual Counterpoints modules when purchased at the same time.
For more information, see this summary article.
There are 42 volumes available from this series and are available in the following products:
- The 7-Volume Set (Release 4) that includes this module
- A 16-Volume Set (Release 1)
- An 11-Volume Set (Release 2)
- An 8-Volume Set (Release 3)
- The 42-Volume Series Bundle (all currently available volumes)
- Forty-two individual volumes are also available.
Requires Accordance 11.2 or above.
- What is the Church’s mission? What does it mean to participate in God’s mission personally? How do “mission” and culture interact and conflict?
This book articulates various evangelical views regarding the church’s mission and provides a healthy, vigorous, and gracious debate on this controversial topic. In a helpful Counterpoints format, this volume demonstrates the unique theological frameworks, doctrinal convictions, and missiological conclusions that inform and distinguish the views:
- Soteriological Mission: Jonathan Leeman
- Participatory Mission: Christopher Wright
- Contextual Mission: John Franke
- Ecumenical-Political Mission: Peter Leithart
Each contributor answers the same key questions based on their biblical interpretations and theological convictions:
- What is your biblical-theological framework for mission?
- How does your definition of mission inform your understanding of the church’s mission?
- How does the Mission of God and Kingdom of God relate to the mission of the church?
- What is the gospel?
- How does your view on the gospel inform the mission of the church?
- How do verbal proclamation of the gospel, discipleship, corporate worship, caring for the poor, social justice, restoring shalom, developing culture, and international missions fit into the church’s mission?
The interactive format helps readers get a clearer picture of why different conclusions are drawn and provide a fresh starting point for discussion and debate of the church’s mission.
The Counterpoints series presents a comparison and critique of scholarly views on topics important to Christians that are both fair-minded and respectful of the biblical text. Each volume is a one-stop reference that allows readers to evaluate the different positions on a specific issue and form their own, educated opinion.
- Series Name: Counterpoints Series
- Editors: Jason S. Sexton, Stanley N. Gundry
- Authors: Christopher J. H. Wright, John R. Franke, Jonathan Leeman, Peter J. Leithart
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Publish Date: October 24, 2017
- ISBN: 9780310522768
- # of Pages: 208
- Level: Academic, Popular, Student, Teacher
- Language: English
- Categories: Theology
- Publisher Categories: RELIGION / Christian Theology / General
- Min Acc Version: 11.2
Where to Find
Four Views on the Church’s Mission (Counterpoints Series) is included with the following packages
|Biblical Studies||Views-7 Counterpoints||7 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series (Release 4)||115.93|
There are no reviews yet.