Four Views on the Historical Adam (Counterpoints Series)
For more information, see this summary article.
There are 35 volumes available from this series and are available in the following products:
- The 8-Volume Set (Release 3) that includes this module
- A 16-Volume Set (Release 1)
- An 11-Volume Set (Release 2)
- The 35-Volume Series Bundle (all currently available volumes)
- Thirty-five individual volumes are also available.
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
As a part of the Counterpoints series, Four Views on the Historical Adam clearly outlines four primary views on Adam held by evangelicals, featuring top-notch proponents of each view presenting their positions in their own words and critiquing the positions with which they disagree. You will come away with a better understanding of the key biblical and theological issues at stake and of the implications of Adam for contemporary Christian witness and church life.
Contributors include Denis O. Lamoureux, John H. Walton, C. John Collins, and William Barrick. Each focuses his essay on answering the following questions:
- What is the biblical case for your viewpoint, and how do you reconcile it both with modern science and with passages and potential interpretations that seem to counter it?
- In what ways is your view more theologically consistent and coherent than other views?
- What are the implications of your view for the spiritual life and public witness of the church and individual believers, and how is your view a healthier alternative for both?
Concluding reflections by pastor-scholars Gregory A. Boyd and Philip Graham Ryken highlight the significance of the topic in the faith of everyday believers.
Four Views on the Historical Adam
• Series: Counterpoints – Bible and Theology
• Series Editor: Stanley N. Gundry
• General Editors: Matthew Barrett, Ardel B. Caneday
• Contributors: Denis O. Lamoureux, John H. Walton, C. John Collins, William D. Barrick
• Pastoral Reflections: Gregory A. Boyd, Philip G. Ryken
• Publisher: Zondervan (2013)
Where to Find
Four Views on the Historical Adam (Counterpoints Series) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (July 2020)||38699.00|
|Biblical Studies||Views-8 Counterpoints||8 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series (Release 3)||149.00|
There are no reviews yet.