International Exegetical Commentary on the Old Testament (7 Volumes)
Requires Accordance 11.2 or above.
The main feature of this new commentary series is the interlinkage of both synchronic and diachronic perspectives in analysis of texts. Other emphases include treatment of social-historical background, liberation-theological viewpoints, gender aspects and elements of the history of reception. For the first time in the history of bible commentaries, both a German and an English version are being edited simultaneously. The delay between the respective original and its translated version is expected to be less than two years. The group of editors and authors includes Protestant, Catholic, and Jewish biblical scholars. The scope of the commentary series includes books in the 20pxr Septuagint canon in addition to books of the Hebrew Bible.
Volumes included in this product (also available individually):
- Exodus 1-15 (Helmut Utzschneider, Wolfgang Oswald) (2015)
- 1 Kings 16-2 Kings 16 (Steven L. McKenzie) (2019)
- Esther (Jean-Daniel Macchi) (2015)
- Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah (Walter Dietrich) (2015)
- Zechariah 9-14 (Paul L. Redditt) (2012)
- Wisdom (Luca Mazzinghi) (2019)
- 1 Esdras (Dieter Böhler) (2015)
While the available volumes are different, you may also be interested in the German version of this series.
- Series Name: International Exegetical Commentary on the Old Testament (IECOT)
- Editors: David M. Carr, Walter Dietrich
- Authors: Dieter Böhler, Helmut Utzschneider, Jean-Daniel Macchi, Luca Mazzinghi, Paul L. Redditt, Steven L. McKenzie, Walter Dietrich, Wolfgang Oswald
- Publisher: W. Kohlhammer GmbH
- Bible Book: 1Esdras, 1Kings, 2Kings, Esther, Exodus, Habakkuk, Nahum, Wisdom, Zechariah, Zephaniah
- Categories: Commentaries
- Min Acc Version: 11.2
There are no reviews yet.