Introduction to the Old Testament Pentateuch, An (Wolf) / January 01, 2007
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
See Blog post.
The Pentateuch—Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy—are the vital first books in the Bible. Understanding their scope, meaning, and events is integral to understanding the whole of Scripture.
In An Introduction to the Old Testament Pentateuch, Old Testament expert Herbert Wolf offers layreaders and scholars alike a solid introduction to the Pentateuch, going deep where he needs to while still providing a graspable overview.
Wolf first addresses the overarching themes that flow through the Pentateuch, giving special attention to Moses as its author. He then addresses each book specifically, covering topics such as purpose, context, and literary structure. He also explores critical issues specific to each book, like:
- Genesis—the meaning of “day” in Genesis 1:1–2:3; the extent of the flood; the Abrahamic covenant; the Joseph narrative
- Exodus—the significance of the plagues; Passover; the date of the Exodus; the Ten Commandments
- Leviticus—meaning of the sacrificial system; the roles of priests and Levites; the Day of Atonement
- Numbers—the twelve tribes; forty years in the wilderness; Balaam; preparation for the Promised Land
- Deuteronomy—the “Shema;” covenant curses; the promise of blessing
- Series Name: Introduction to the Old Testament (Moody)
- Authors: Herbert Wolf
- Publisher: Moody Press
- Publish Date: January 1, 2007
- Bible Book: Deuteronomy, Exodus, Genesis, Leviticus, Numbers
- Categories: Biblical Studies
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
Where to Find
Introduction to the Old Testament Pentateuch, An (Wolf) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0717||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (July 2017)||27999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1017||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (October 2017)||29999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0218||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2018)||30899|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0518||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2018)||31599|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0818||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (August 2018)||33399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1118||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (November 2018)||33999|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0319||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2019)||34399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0519||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||35549|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster1119||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (November 2019)||36999|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0420||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (April 2020)||37499|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (July 2020)||42568|
|English add-on bundles||Intro OT_4||Introduction to the Old Testament, Set of Four Works (Pentateuch, Historical, Poetic, Prophetic)||129|
There are no reviews yet.