Lord’s Supper: Five Views (Spectrum Multiview Series) / January 01, 2008
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
Lord’s Supper. Eucharist. Communion. Sacrament. Ordinance.
While it’s the meal that should unite us as followers of Christ, it sometimes appears we can’t even agree on what to call it, let alone how we might share a common theological view of its significance. Even if we cannot reach full agreement, how can we better understand one another and this central observance of the Christian faith?
Gordon Smith has invited five representatives of differing views within Christian tradition. Each holds his or her views with conviction and makes the case for that tradition. Each responds to the other views with charity, highlighting significant areas of agreement and disagreement.
The views and contributors include
- The Roman Catholic View by Brother Jeffrey Gros
- The Lutheran View by John R. Stephenson
- The Reformed View by Leanne Van Dyk
- The Baptist View by Roger E. Olson
- The Pentecostal View by Veli-Matti Kärkkäinen
Here’s a book that offers more light than heat on an important topic.
About the Series:
Spectrum Multiview Books from IVP Academic offer a range of viewpoints on academic topics about which Christians clearly disagree. The unique format, pioneered by IVP in 1977 with the publication of The Meaning of the Millennium, gives proponents of major positions an opportunity to make their case. Each of the other contributors then offers a brief response. Books in the series range in topic from theology to science, from practical ministry to philosophy. Spectrum books help Christians think more carefully about what they believe and appreciate more the perspectives of others.
- Series Name: Spectrum Multiview Series
- Editors: Gordon T. Smith
- Authors: Jeffrey Gros, John R. Stephenson, Leanne Van Dyk, Roger E. Olson, Veli-Matti Kärkkäinen
- Publisher: InterVarsity Press USA
- Publish Date: January 1, 2008
- ISBN: 978-0-8308-2884-5
- # of Pages: 159
- Level: Academic, Popular
- Tradition: Mainline Protestant, Pentecostal, Roman Catholic
- Categories: Theology
- Publisher Categories: Christian Ecumenism, Worship Sacraments
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
Where to Find
Lord’s Supper: Five Views (Spectrum Multiview Series) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (July 2020)||38699|
|Theology||IVP Views_13||IVP Spectrum Multiview Books (13 Works)||269|
|Theology||IVP Views_13up4||UPGRADE to IVP Spectrum Multiview Books (13 Works) from 4-Volume Bundle||99.9|
There are no reviews yet.