New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha (2018): An Ecumenical Study Bible (Based on the NRSV). Fully Revised Fifth Edition / January 01, 2018
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
For over 50 years students, professors, clergy, and general readers have relied on The New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha as an unparalleled authority in Study Bibles. This fifth edition of the Annotated remains the best way to study and understand the Bible at home or in the classroom. This thoroughly revised and substantially updated edition contains the best scholarship informed by recent discoveries and anchored in the solid Study Bible tradition.
- Introductions and extensive annotations for each book by acknowledged experts in the field provide context and guidance.
- Introductory essays on major groups of biblical writings – Pentateuch, Prophets, Gospels, and other sections – give readers an overview that guides more intensive study.
- General essays on history, translation matters, different canons in use today, and issues of daily life in biblical times inform the reader of important aspects of biblical study.
- Maps and diagrams within the text contextualize where events took place and how to understand them.
- Color maps give readers the geographical orientation they need for understanding historical accounts throughout the Bible.
- Timelines, parallel texts, weights and measures, calendars, and other helpful tables help navigate the biblical world.
- An extensive glossary of technical terms demystifies the language of biblical scholarship.
- An index to the study materials eases the way to the quick location of information.
The New Oxford Annotated Bible, with twenty new essays and introductions and others–as well as annotations–fully revised, offers the reader flexibility for any learning style. Beginning with a specific passage or a significant concept, finding information for meditation, sermon preparation, or academic study is straightforward and intuitive.
A volume that users will want to keep for continued reference, The New Oxford Annotated Bible continues the Oxford University Press tradition of providing excellence in scholarship for the general reader. Generations of users attest to its status as the best one-volume Bible reference tool for any home, library, or classroom.
Note: While the printed version of this product contains the text of the NRSV, this module does not include the actual biblical text. It contains all the Introductions, Indexes, and Notes of the printed version. The Bible Study Notes of this module can be linked to run in parallel with any Accordance Bible translation.
Note: This product includes a second module (NOAB parallels) to cover the parallel portions: Greek Esther/Additions, Prayer of Azariah (Dan 3), and Psalm 151. All correspond to the parallel NRSV2 module.
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
|Accessory Modules||NOAB parallels||NOAB parallels||0|
Where to Find
New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha (2018) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0319||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2019)||34399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0519||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||35549|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster1119||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (November 2019)||36999|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0420||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (April 2020)||37499|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (July 2020)||38699|
|English add-on bundles||Oxford_5||Oxford Bundle (5 Volumes)||129|