Three Views on Christianity and Science (Counterpoints Series) / January 12, 2021
Use coupon code 3Views to get an extra 10% off the purchase of three or more individual Counterpoints modules when purchased at the same time.
For more information, see this summary article.
There are 42 volumes available from this series and are available in the following products:
- The 7-Volume Set (Release 4) that includes this module
- A 16-Volume Set (Release 1)
- An 11-Volume Set (Release 2)
- An 8-Volume Set (Release 3)
- The 42-Volume Series Bundle (all currently available volumes)
- Forty-two individual volumes are also available.
Requires Accordance 11.2 or above.
When it comes to relating Christianity to modern Western culture, perhaps no topic is more controversial than the relationship between Christianity and science.
Outside the church, the myth of a backwards, anti-science Christianity is very common in popular culture and can poison the well before a fruitful dialogue can begin. Within the church, opposing viewpoints on the relation between Christianity and science often lead to division.
Three Views on Christianity and Science addresses both types of conflict. Featuring leading evangelical scholars, this book presents three primary options for the compatibility of Christianity and science and models constructive dialogue on the surrounding controversial issues.
The highlighted contributors and their views are:
- Michael Ruse, representing the Independence View – When functioning correctly, science and Christian theology operate independently of each other, seeking answers to different questions through different means.
- Alister McGrath, representing the Dialogue View – Though the natural sciences and Christian philosophy and theology function differently, they can and should inform each other.
- Bruce L. Gordon, representing the Constrained Integration View – Science, philosophy, and theology all contribute to our understanding of reality. Their interactions constrain each other and together present an optimally coherent and integrated picture of reality.
By engaging with the viewpoints of the contributors, readers will come away with a deeper understanding of the compatibility of science and Christianity, as well as of the positions of those who disagree with them. Scholars, students, pastors, and interested laypeople will be able to make use of this material in research, assignments, sermons and lessons, evangelism, and apologetics.
The Counterpoints series presents a comparison and critique of scholarly views on topics important to Christians that are both fair-minded and respectful of the biblical text. Each volume is a one-stop reference that allows readers to evaluate the different positions on a specific issue and form their own, educated opinion.
- Series Name: Counterpoints Series
- Editors: Christopher L. Reese, Paul Copan, Stanley N. Gundry
- Authors: Alister E. McGrath, Bruce L. Gordon, Michael Ruse
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Publish Date: January 12, 2021
- ISBN: 9780310599746
- # of Pages: 224
- Level: Academic, Popular, Student, Teacher
- Language: English
- Categories: Theology
- Publisher Categories: RELIGION / Christian Theology / General
- Min Acc Version: 11.2
Where to Find
Three Views on Christianity and Science (Counterpoints Series) is included with the following packages
|Biblical Studies||Views-7 Counterpoints||7 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series (Release 4)||75.35|
There are no reviews yet.