Two Horizons Commentary Bundle: OT/NT (22 Volumes)
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
Two features distinguish the Two Horizons Old Testament Commentary series: theological exegesis and theological reflection.
Exegesis since the Reformation era and especially in the past two hundred years emphasized careful attention to philology, grammar, syntax, and concerns of a historical nature. More recently, commentary has expanded to include social-scientific, political, or canonical questions and more.
Without slighting the significance of those sorts of questions, scholars in the Two Horizons Commentary locate their primary interests on theological readings of texts, past and present. The result is a paragraph-by-paragraph engagement with the text that is deliberately theological in focus.
Theological reflection in the Two Horizons Commentary takes many forms, including locating each Old/New Testament book in relation to the whole of Scripture – asking what the biblical book contributes to biblical theology – and in conversation with constructive theology of today. How commentators engage in the work of theological reflection will differ from book to book, depending on their particular theological tradition and how they perceive the work of biblical theology and theological hermeneutics. This heterogeneity derives as well from the relative infancy of the project of theological interpretation of Scripture in modern times and from the challenge of grappling with a book’s message in its ancient context, in the canon of Scripture and history of interpretation, and for life in the admittedly diverse Western world at the beginning of the twenty-first century.
The Two Horizons Commentary is written primarily for students, pastors, and other Christian leaders seeking to engage in theological interpretation of Scripture.
Volumes included in this bundle (one module for OT; one module for NT):
- Genesis by James McKeown (2008)
- Joshua by J. Gordon McConville, Stephen N. Williams (2010)
- Ruth by James McKeown (2015)
- Ezra and Nehemiah by David J. Shepherd, Christopher J. H. Wright (2018)
- Job by Lindsay Wilson (2015)
- Psalms by Geoffrey W. Grogan (2008)
- Proverbs by Ernest C. Lucas (2015)
- Ecclesiastes by Peter Enns (2011)
- Lamentations by Robin Parry (2010)
- Hosea by Daniel Castelo, Bo H. Lim (2015)
- Micah by Stephen Dempster (2017)
- Habakkuk by Heath A. Thomas (2018)
- Matthew by Jeannine K. Brown, Lyle Roberts (2018)
- Luke by F. Scott Spencer (2019)
- Philippians by Stephen E. Fowl (2005)
- Colossians and Philemon by Marianne Meye Thompson (2005)
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians by Andy Johnson (2016)
- 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus by Robert W. Wall (2012)
- 1 Peter by Joel B. Green (2007)
- 2 Peter and Jude by Ruth Anne Reese (2007)
- Revelation by Frank D. Macchia, John Christopher Thomas (2016)
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
|Commentaries||Two Horizons NTC-9||Two Horizons New Testament Commentary (9 Volumes)||99.9|
|Commentaries||Two Horizons OTC-13||Two Horizons Old Testament Commentary (13 Volumes)||124|
There are no reviews yet.