Two Horizons New Testament Commentary (9 Volumes)
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
Two features distinguish the Two Horizons New Testament Commentary series: theological exegesis and theological reflection.
Exegesis since the Reformation era and especially in the past two hundred years emphasized careful attention to philology, grammar, syntax, and concerns of a historical nature. More recently, commentary has expanded to include social-scientific, political, or canonical questions and more.
Without slighting the significance of those sorts of questions, scholars in the Two Horizons New Testament Commentary locate their primary interests on theological readings of texts, past and present. The result is a paragraph-by-paragraph engagement with the text that is deliberately theological in focus.
Theological reflection in the Two Horizons New Testament Commentary takes many forms, including locating each New Testament book in relation to the whole of Scripture — asking what the biblical book contributes to biblical theology — and in conversation with constructive theology of today. How commentators engage in the work of theological reflection will differ from book to book, depending on their particular theological tradition and how they perceive the work of biblical theology and theological hermeneutics. This heterogeneity derives as well from the relative infancy of the project of theological interpretation of Scripture in modern times and from the challenge of grappling with a book’s message in Greco-Roman antiquity, in the canon of Scripture and history of interpretation, and for life in the admittedly diverse Western world at the beginning of the twenty-first century.
The Two Horizons New Testament Commentary is written primarily for students, pastors, and other Christian leaders seeking to engage in theological interpretation of Scripture.
Volumes included in this module:
- Matthew by Jeannine K. Brown, Lyle Roberts (2018)
- Luke by F. Scott Spencer (2019)
- Philippians by Stephen E. Fowl (2005)
- Colossians and Philemon by Marianne Meye Thompson (2005)
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians by Andy Johnson (2016)
- 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus by Robert W. Wall (2012)
- 1 Peter by Joel B. Green (2007)
- 2 Peter and Jude by Ruth Anne Reese (2007)
- Revelation by Frank D. Macchia, John Christopher Thomas (2016)
- Series Name: Two Horizons
- Editors: Joel B. Green
- Authors: Andy Johnson, F. Scott Spencer, Frank D. Macchia, Jeannine K. Brown, Joel B. Green, John Christopher Thomas, Lyle Roberts, Marianne Meye Thompson, Robert W. Wall, Ruth Anne Reese, Stephen E. Fowl
- Publisher: Wm. B. Eerdmans
- Bible Book: 1Peter, 1Thessalonians, 1Timothy, 2Peter, 2Thessalonians, 2Timothy, Colossians, Jude, Luke, Matthew, Philemon, Philippians, Revelation, Titus
- Categories: Commentaries
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
Where to Find
Two Horizons New Testament Commentary (9 Volumes) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster1119||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (November 2019)||36999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0420||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (April 2020)||37499.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (July 2020)||38699.00|
|Commentaries||Two Horizons OTNT_21||Two Horizons Commentary Bundle: OT/NT (21 Volumes)||399.00|
There are no reviews yet.