Two Horizons Old Testament Commentary (12 Volumes)
This product is no longer available for purchase. It has been replaced by the updated 13-volume OT set.
Requires Accordance 11.1 or above.
Two features distinguish the Two Horizons Old Testament Commentary series: theological exegesis and theological reflection.
Exegesis since the Reformation era and especially in the past two hundred years emphasized careful attention to philology, grammar, syntax, and concerns of a historical nature. More recently, commentary has expanded to include social-scientific, political, or canonical questions and more.
Without slighting the significance of those sorts of questions, scholars in the Two Horizons Old Testament Commentary locate their primary interests on theological readings of texts, past and present. The result is a paragraph-by-paragraph engagement with the text that is deliberately theological in focus.
Theological reflection in the Two Horizons Old Testament Commentary takes many forms, including locating each Old Testament book in relation to the whole of Scripture – asking what the biblical book contributes to biblical theology – and in conversation with constructive theology of today. How commentators engage in the work of theological reflection will differ from book to book, depending on their particular theological tradition and how they perceive the work of biblical theology and theological hermeneutics. This heterogeneity derives as well from the relative infancy of the project of theological interpretation of Scripture in modern times and from the challenge of grappling with a book’s message in its ancient context, in the canon of Scripture and history of interpretation, and for life in the admittedly diverse Western world at the beginning of the twenty-first century.
The Two Horizons Old Testament Commentary is written primarily for students, pastors, and other Christian leaders seeking to engage in theological interpretation of Scripture.
Volumes included in this module:
- Genesis by James McKeown (2008)
- Joshua by J. Gordon McConville, Stephen N. Williams (2010)
- Ruth by James McKeown (2015)
- Ezra and Nehemiah by David J. Shepherd, Christopher J. H. Wright (2018)
- Job by Lindsay Wilson (2015)
- Psalms by Geoffrey W. Grogan (2008)
- Proverbs by Ernest C. Lucas (2015)
- Ecclesiastes by Peter Enns (2011)
- Lamentations by Robin Parry (2010)
- Hosea by Daniel Castelo, Bo H. Lim (2015)
- Micah by Stephen Dempster (2017)
- Habakkuk by Heath A. Thomas (2018)
- Series Name: Two Horizons
- Editors: Craig Bartholomew, J. Gordon McConville
- Authors: Bo H. Lim, Christopher J. H. Wright, Daniel Castelo, David J. Shepherd, Ernest C. Lucas, Geoffrey W. Grogan, Heath A. Thomas, J. Gordon McConville, James McKeown, Lindsay Wilson, Peter Enns, Robin Parry, Stephen G. Dempster, Stephen N. Williams
- Publisher: Wm. B. Eerdmans
- Bible Book: Ecclesiastes, Ezra, Genesis, Habakkuk, Hosea, Job, Joshua, Lamentations, Micah, Nehemiah, Proverbs, Psalms, Ruth
- Categories: Commentaries
- Min Acc Version: 11.1
Where to Find
Two Horizons Old Testament Commentary (12 Volumes) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster1119||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (November 2019)||36999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0420||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (April 2020)||37499.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (July 2020)||38699.00|
|Commentaries||Two Horizons OTNT_21||Two Horizons Commentary Bundle: OT/NT (21 Volumes)||399.00|
There are no reviews yet.