OT Library Commentary: Classic Volumes (9 Volumes)
Category: Commentary Volumes | Install Options: Download only | Minimum Acc Version: 10.4
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
The Old Testament Library is one of the most respected commentary series produced in the last 50 years. As with any series that reaches this level of respectability, it is comprehensive in scope while acknowledging that it is not exhaustive. Introductory matters cover historical concerns, cultural issues, the reception of the text, the integrity of the text, and other interpretive issues.
Each commentary provides a verse-by-verse analysis of critical exegetical matters that are then synthesized into a progressively building understanding of the text and interpretation. This includes analysis of problems in history, word meaning, syntactical and grammatical issues, text history, and many other exegetically relevant issues. Nevertheless, despite the breadth of their scope, volumes in the series remain relatively compact in comparison to series who share its aims and scope.
- Audience: Students, Pastors, and Scholars
- Perspective: Moderate/Liberal
- Scripture: Inspired
- General Acceptance of Higher Critical authorship theories, and the reader should be familiar with these type of textual criticism
- Knowledge of Hebrew is not necessary, but a willingness to engage concepts from it will be necessary.
This module contains 9 classic volumes (volumes that have been superseded by newer works within the Old Testament Library Commentary series). The following volumes are included:
- Deuteronomy (Gerhard von Rad) (1966)
- Judges (J. Alberto Soggin) (1981)
- 1-2 Samuel (Hans Wilhelm Hertzberg) (1965)
- Isaiah 1-12 (Otto Kaiser) (1983)
- Isaiah 13-39 (Otto Kaiser) (1974)
- Isaiah 40-66 (Claus Westermann) (1969)
- Daniel (Norman W. Porteous) (1965)
- Amos (James L. Mays) (1969)
- Micah (James L. Mays) (1976)
You may be interested in these other OTL/NTL products:
- 68-volume WJK OT/NT Commentary / Companion Bundle
- 46-volume OT/NT Commentary Bundle
- OT Library Commentary Set (31 volumes)
- NT Library Commentary Set (15 volumes)
- OT Companion Bundle (9 volumes)
- NT Companion Bundle (4 volumes)
- Individual OTL volumes
- Individual NTL volumes
Old Testament Library Commentary (9 Classic Volumes)
• Series: Old Testament Library Commentary
• Publisher: Westminster John Knox Press
Where To Find
OT Library Commentary: Classic Volumes (9 Volumes) is included with the following packages:
OTL NTL Bundle_68
October 18, 2017 | 4:19 AM |
Proverbs by William McKane is missing (it was replaced in 1999 by Clifford). As I was predicting assertively that that particular volume by McKane would never be digitized, I bought it intentionally in a hardback copy with dustcover, and I feel good about that and also don't rate OTL under Accordance lower because this. Every sub-set gets five stars from me.
I'm thrilled about buying the entire 68. vol. set now at the introductory price, I only needed to do very quick calculations to see that I save money on that compared to any other option. From each sub-set Accordance has listed I'm duplicating some volume(s) in print.
I actually like buying sets, even though it's an evaluation of what volumes I need so I have many times, at least elsewhere or in print, just bought individual volumes. For me, only Accordance and print are options for groving my library.