Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries: New Testament (27 volumes)
You may also be interested in Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries – Old Testament.
Already own Anchor NT (26 Volumes)? Purchase the upgrade.
The Anchor Yale Bible is a project of international and interfaith scope in which Protestant, Catholic, and Jewish scholars from many countries contribute individual volumes. The project is not sponsored by any ecclesiastical organization and is not intended to reflect any particular theological doctrine.
The Anchor Yale Bible is committed to producing commentaries in the tradition established half a century ago by the founders of the series, William Foxwell Albright and David Noel Freedman. It aims to present the best contemporary scholarship in a way that is accessible not only to scholars but also to the educated nonspecialist. Its approach is grounded in exact translation of the ancient languages and an appreciation of the historical and cultural context in which the biblical books were written supplemented by insights from modern methods, such as sociological and literary criticism.
This product contains two separate modules. The main module (Anchor-NT) covers the entire New Testament with the exception of Matthew.
- Mark 1-8 (Vol. 27) by Joel Marcus (2002)
- Mark 8-16 (Vol. 27A) by Joel Marcus (2009)
- Luke I-IX (Vol. 28) by Joseph A. Fitzmyer (1970)
- Luke X-XXIV (Vol. 28A) by Joseph A. Fitzmyer (1985)
- John I-XII (Vol. 29) by Raymond E. Brown (1995)
- John XIII-XXI (Vol. 29A) by Raymond E. Brown (1970)
- Acts of the Apostles (Vol. 31) by Joseph A. Fitzmyer (1998)
- Romans (Vol. 33) by Joseph A. Fitzmyer (1993)
- I Corinthians (Vol. 32) by William F. Orr and James A. Walther (1976)
- II Corinthians (Vol. 32A) by Victor Paul Furnish (2005)
- Galatians (Vol. 33A) by J. Louis Martyn (2004)
- Ephesians 1-3 (Vol. 34) by Markus Barth (1974)
- Ephesians 4-6 (Vol. 34A) by Markus Barth (1998)
- Philippians (Vol. 33B) by John Reumann (2008)
- Colossians (Vol. 34B) by Markus Barth and Helmut Blanke (Translated by Astrid B. Beck) (2005)
- Letters to the Thessalonians (Vol. 32B) by Abraham J. Malherbe (2004)
- First and Second Letters to Timothy (Vol. 35A) by Luke Timothy Johnson (2001)
- Letter to Titus (and Intro to Pastoral Epistles) (Vol. 35) by Jerome D. Quinn (2005)
- Letter to Philemon (Vol. 34C) by Joseph A. Fitzmyer (2000)
- Hebrews (Vol. 36) by Craig R. Koester (2001)
- Letter of James (Vol. 37A) by Luke Timothy Johnson (2005)
- 1 Peter (Vol. 37B) by John H. Elliott (2001)
- 2 Peter, Jude (Vol. 37C) by Jerome H. Neyrey (1994)
- Epistles of John (Vol. 30) by Raymond E. Brown (1995)
- Revelation (Vol. 38) by J. Massyngberde Ford (1995)
The following parallel volumes are contained in a secondary module (Anchor NT2-2):
- First Corinthians (Vol. 32 – 2nd Edition) by Joseph A. Fitzmyer (2008)
- Revelation (Vol. 38A) by Craig R. Koester (2014)
- Series Name: Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries
- Editors: David Noel Freedman, John J. Collins, William Foxwell Albright
- Authors: Abraham J. Malherbe, Craig R. Koester, Helmut Blanke, J. Louis Martyn, J. Massyngberde Ford, James Arthur Walther, Jerome D. Quinn, Jerome H. Neyrey, Joel Marcus, John H. Elliott, John Reumann, Joseph A. Fitzmyer, Luke Timothy Johnson, Markus Barth, Raymond E. Brown, Victor Paul Furnish, William F. Orr
- Publisher: Yale University Press
- Bible Book: New Testament
- Level: Academic, Technical
- Tradition: Catholic, Jewish, Mainline Protestant, Orthodox Church
- Categories: Commentaries
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
|Commentary Volumes||Anchor-NT||Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries: New Testament (26 volumes)||599|
|Accessory Modules||Anchor NT2-2||Anchor NT Parallel 1 Cor, Revelation||0|
|Accessory Modules||Anchor-NT2||Anchor NT Parallel volume, 1 Cor||0|
Where to Find
Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries: New Testament (27 volumes) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0720||English Master Collection (July 2020)||38699|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster1119||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (November 2019)||36999|
|Primary Collections||Coll13-EngMaster0420||English Master Collection (Accordance 13) (April 2020)||37499|
|Commentaries||Anchor-OT-NT-90||Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries: Old Testament, Apocrypha, and New Testament (90 volumes)||1999|
|Commentaries||Anchor-OT-NT-90up86||UPGRADE to Anchor OT-NT (90 Volumes) from Anchor OT-NT (86 Volumes)||179|
There are no reviews yet.