Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries: Old Testament, Apocrypha, and New Testament (90 volumes)
The Anchor Yale Bible is a project of international and interfaith scope in which Protestant, Catholic, and Jewish scholars from many countries contribute individual volumes. The project is not sponsored by any ecclesiastical organization and is not intended to reflect any particular theological doctrine.
The Anchor Yale Bible is committed to producing commentaries in the tradition established half a century ago by the founders of the series, William Foxwell Albright and David Noel Freedman. It aims to present the best contemporary scholarship in a way that is accessible not only to scholars but also to the educated nonspecialist. Its approach is grounded in exact translation of the ancient languages and an appreciation of the historical and cultural context in which the biblical books were written supplemented by insights from modern methods, such as sociological and literary criticism.
This commentary set covers:
- Entire Old Testament and Apocrypha with the exception of Deuteronomy 12-34; plus additional parallel volumes for Joshua 1-12, Judges 1-12, and Ruth (63 volumes).
- Entire New Testament with the exception of Matthew; plus additional second editions of First Corinthians and Revelation (27 volumes)
See this article for even more information about the Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries.
- Series Name: Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries
- Editors: David Noel Freedman, John J. Collins, William Foxwell Albright
- Authors: Abraham J. Malherbe, Adele Berlin, Alexander A. Di Lella, Andrew E. Hill, Baruch A. Levine, Carey A. Moore, Carol L. Meyers, Choon-Leong Seow, Craig R. Koester, David Noel Freedman, David Winston, Delbert R. Hillers, Duane L. Christensen, E. A. Speiser, Edward F. Campbell Jr., Eric M. Meyers, Francis I. Andersen, Gary N. Knoppers, Hayim Tadmor, Helmut Blanke, J. Louis Martyn, J. Massyngberde Ford, Jack M. Sasson, Jack R. Lundbom, Jacob M. Myers, Jacob Milgrom, James Arthur Walther, James L. Crenshaw, Jeremy Schipper, Jerome D. Quinn, Jerome H. Neyrey, Joel Marcus, John H. Elliott, John L. McKenzie, John Reumann, Jonathan A. Goldstein, Joseph A. Fitzmyer, Joseph Blenkinsopp, Louis F. Hartman, Luke Timothy Johnson, Markus Barth, Marvin H. Pope, Michael V. Fox, Mitchell Dahood, Mordechai Cogan, Moshe Greenberg, Moshe Weinfeld, P. Kyle McCarter Jr., Patrick W. Skehan, Paul R. Raabe, Raymond E. Brown, Robert G. Boling, Thomas B. Dozeman, Victor Paul Furnish, William F. Orr, William H. C. Propp
- Publisher: Yale University Press
- Bible Book: 1Esdras, 1Maccabees, 2Esdras, 2Maccabees, Additions to Daniel, Additions to Esther, Apocrypha, Baruch, Bel, Judith, New Testament, Old Testament, Prayer of Azariah, Second Isaiah / Deutero-Isaiah, Sirach / Ecclesiasticus, Solomon, Susanna, Tobit, Wisdom
- Level: Academic, Technical
- Tradition: Catholic, Jewish, Mainline Protestant, Orthodox Church
- Categories: Commentaries
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
|Commentaries||Anchor Apocrypha||Anchor Yale Bible Commentary: Apocrypha||239.00|
|Commentary Volumes||Anchor-NT||Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries: New Testament (26 volumes)||599.00|
|Commentary Volumes||Anchor Gen-Deut||Anchor Yale Bible Commentary: Genesis through Deuteronomy||349.00|
|Commentary Volumes||Anchor Isa-Mal||Anchor Yale Bible Commentary: Isaiah through Malachi||739.00|
|Commentary Volumes||Anchor Job-Song||Anchor Yale Bible Commentary: Job through Song of Songs||249.00|
|Commentary Volumes||Anchor Josh-Est||Anchor Yale Bible Commentary: Joshua through Esther||N/A|
|Accessory Modules||Anchor NT2-2||Anchor NT Parallel 1 Cor, Revelation||N/A|
|Accessory Modules||Anchor-NT2||Anchor NT Parallel volume, 1 Cor||N/A|
|Accessory Modules||Anchor Isa-Mal2||Anchor Yale Bible Commentary: Second Isaiah module||N/A|
|Accessory Modules||Anchor Josh-Est2-3||Anchor Yale Bible Commentary: Parallel Joshua 1-12, Judges 1-12, Ruth||N/A|
Where to Find
Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries: Old Testament, Apocrypha, and New Testament (90 volumes) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0519||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||35549.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0717||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (July 2017)||27999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1017||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (October 2017)||29999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1016||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (October 2016)||24999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0117||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (January 2017)||25799.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0417||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (April 2017)||26799.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0218||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2018)||30899.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0518||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2018)||31599.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0818||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (August 2018)||33399.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster1118||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (November 2018)||33999.00|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0319||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2019)||34399.00|
There are no reviews yet.