Four Views on Heaven (Counterpoints Series) / January 18, 2022
Use coupon code 3Views to get an extra 10% off the purchase of three or more individual Counterpoints modules when purchased at the same time.
For more information, see this summary article.
There are 42 volumes available from this series and are available in the following products:
- The 7-Volume Set (Release 4) that includes this module
- A 16-Volume Set (Release 1)
- An 11-Volume Set (Release 2)
- An 8-Volume Set (Release 3)
- The 42-Volume Series Bundle (all currently available volumes)
- Forty-two individual volumes are also available.
Requires Accordance 11.2 or above.
Discover and understand the different Christian views of what heaven will be like.
Christians from a variety of denominations and traditions are in middle of an important conversation about the final destiny of the saved. Scholars such as N. T. Wright and J. Richard Middleton have pushed back against the traditional view of heaven, and now some Christians are pushing back against them for fear that talk about the earthiness of our final hope distracts our attention from Jesus.
In the familiar Counterpoints format, Four Views on Heaven brings together a well-rounded discussion and highlights similarities and differences of the current views on heaven. Each author presents their strongest biblical case for their position, followed by responses and a rejoinder that model a respectful tone.
Positions and contributors include:
- Traditional Heaven — our destiny is to leave earth and live forever in heaven where we will rest, worship, and serve God (John S. Feinberg)
- Restored Earth — emphasizes that the saved will live forever with Jesus on this restored planet, enjoying ordinary human activities in our redeemed state. (J. Richard Middleton)
- Heavenly Earth — a balanced view that seeks to highlight both the strengths and weaknesses of the heavenly and earthly views (Michael Allen).
- Roman Catholic Beatific Vision — stresses the intellectual component of salvation, though it encompasses the whole of human experience of joy, happiness coming from seeing God finally face-to-face (Peter Kreeft).
The Counterpoints series presents a comparison and critique of scholarly views on topics important to Christians that are both fair-minded and respectful of the biblical text. Each volume is a one-stop reference that allows readers to evaluate the different positions on a specific issue and form their own, educated opinion.
- Series Name: Counterpoints Series
- Editors: Michael Wittmer, Stanley N. Gundry
- Authors: J. Richard Middleton, John S. Feinberg, Michael Allen, Peter Kreeft
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Publish Date: January 18, 2022
- ISBN: 9780310093923
- # of Pages: 224
- Level: Academic, Popular, Student, Teacher
- Language: English
- Categories: Theology
- Publisher Categories: RELIGION / Christian Theology / General
- Min Acc Version: 11.2
Where to Find
Four Views on Heaven (Counterpoints Series) is included with the following packages
|Biblical Studies||Views-7 Counterpoints||7 Volumes of the Zondervan Counterpoints Series (Release 4)||147.93|
There are no reviews yet.