NT Library: Paul and the Anatomy of Apostolic Authority (Schütz) / January 01, 2004
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
For even more information, see this article.
John Howard Schütz’s milestone analysis of Paul’s authority shaped a generation of thought about Paul. This insightful work continues to be relevant to Pauline scholarship.
From the Preface:
First published in 1975, Paul and the Anatomy of Apostolic Authority, by John Howard Schütz, is a profound and important work. With literary, historical, hermeneutical, and theological finesse, it addresses a set of concerns that continue to bear great significance. What, for Paul and for emergent Christianity, are the meanings, functions, and interactions of gospel and tradition, authority and power—in relation to both the person of the apostle and the community called into being through the apostle’s proclamation? Schütz presents a bold thesis: for Paul, the authority of the apostle is an interpretation of power—the power of the gospel.
You may be interested in these other OTL/NTL products:
- 68-volume WJK OT/NT Commentary / Companion Bundle
- 46-volume OT/NT Commentary Bundle
- OT Library Commentary Set (31 Volumes)
- NT Library Commentary Set (15 volumes)
- Classic OT Library Commentary Set (9 volumes)
- OT Companion Bundle (9 volumes)
- NT Companion Bundle (4 volumes)
- Individual OTL volumes
- Individual NTL volumes
- Series Name: New Testament Library Series (NTL)
- Authors: John Howard Schütz
- Publisher: Westminster John Knox Press
- Publish Date: January 1, 2004
- Categories: Biblical Studies
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
Figures of Speech Used in the Bible: Explained and Illustrated (Bullinger)$39.90 Add to cart
How to Read the Bible through the Jesus Lens$14.99 Add to cart
Carta’s Historical Atlas of Jerusalem$19.90 Add to cart
Carta’s Jerusalem in the Year 30 A.D.$17.90 Add to cart
Understanding the Bible (Expanded Edition)Rated 4.00 out of 5$14.99 Add to cart
Where to Find
NT Library: Paul and the Anatomy of Apostolic Authority (Schütz) is included with the following packages
|Add-on Bundles||NTL Companion Set_4||NT Library Companion Bundle (4 Volumes)||99.9|
There are no reviews yet.