SIL Exegetical Summary Series (34 Volumes)
The books in this series present a summary of how scholars have interpreted the Greek or Hebrew text. This series will help students and translators who have beginning to advanced exegetical skills to produce a meaningful translation.
Each volume in the Exegetical Summaries series works through the original text phrase by phrase. English equivalents are provided for all Hebrew and Greek words, making this an excellent reference for exegetes of all levels.
Questions that occur to exegetes as they study the text are stated and then answered by summarizing the ways many scholars have interpreted the text. This information should help translators or students in making their own exegetical decisions.
As a basis for discussion, a semi-literal translation of the text is given. The first question to be answered is the meaning of key words in context. Information from standard lexicons is given and then translations of the word are cited from a dozen major Bible versions and from commentaries that offer their own translations of the text.
Questions about the grammar and discourse structure of the original languages are answered by summarizing the views of many commentators. When exegetical disagreements appear in the commentaries and versions, the various interpretations are listed.
This series is not intended to replace the commentaries that are consulted. Rather than being a stand-alone commentary, this book summarizes many important details of exegesis that should be considered in studying the biblical text.
Volumes include the entire New Testament plus Joel and Malachi:
- Joel by James N. Pohlig (2003)
- Malachi by James N. Pohlig (1998)
- Matthew 1-16 by David Abernathy (2013)
- Matthew 17-28 by David Abernathy (2016)
- Sermon on the Mount by Thomas Tehan, David Abernathy (2008) **
- Mark 1-8 by Richard C. Blight (2012)
- Mark 9-16 by Richard C. Blight (2014)
- Luke 1-11 (2nd Edition) by Richard C. Blight (2008)
- Luke 12-24 (2nd Edition) by Richard C. Blight (2008)
- John 1-9 by Ronald L. Trail (2013)
- John 10-21 by Ronald L. Trail (2018)
- Acts 1-14 by Belinda Cheng, Robert Stutzman (2017)
- Acts 15-28 by David Abernathy, Robert Stutzman (2018)
- Romans 1-8 (2nd Edition) by David Abernathy (2008)
- Romans 9-16 by David Abernathy (2009)
- 1 Corinthians 1-9 (2nd Edition) by Ronald L. Trail (2008)
- 1 Corinthians 10-16 (2nd Edition) by Ronald L. Trail (2008)
- 2 Corinthians (2nd Edition) by David Abernathy (2008)
- Galatians (2nd Edition) by Robert Stutzman (2008)
- Ephesians (2nd Edition) by Glenn H. Graham (2008)
- Philippians (2nd Edition) by J. Harold Greenlee (2008)
- Colossians (2nd Edition) by Martha King (2008)
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians (2nd Ed.) by Richard C. Blight (2008)
- 1 Timothy by Richard C. Blight (2009)
- 2 Timothy (2nd Edition) by Eugene Minor (2008)
- Titus & Philemon (2nd Edition) by J. Harold Greenlee (2008)
- Hebrews (2nd Edition) by J. Harold Greenlee (2008)
- James (2nd Edition) by J. Harold Greenlee (2008)
- 1 Peter (2nd Edition) by David Abernathy (2008)
- 2 Peter (2nd Edition) by David Strange (2008)
- 1-3 John (2nd Edition) by John L. Anderson (2008)
- Jude (2nd Edition) by J. Harold Greenlee (2008)
- Revelation 1-11 (2nd Edition) by Ronald L. Trail (2008)
- Revelation 12-22 by Ronald L. Trail (2008)
** The volume on the Sermon on the Mount is provided as a separate module (SIL ESS-Sermon on Mount) so that it can properly run in parallel with other passages on Matthew 5-7 from this series.
For even more information, see this Release Announcement for the 31-volume product.
- Authors: Belinda Cheng, David Abernathy, David Strange, Eugene Minor, Glenn H. Graham, J. Harold Greenlee, James N. Pohlig, John L. Anderson, Martha King, Richard C. Blight, Robert Stutzman, Ronald L. Trail, Thomas Tehan
- Publisher: SIL Exegetical
- Bible Book: 1Corinthians, 1John, 1Peter, 1Thessalonians, 1Timothy, 2Corinthians, 2John, 2Peter, 2Thessalonians, 2Timothy, 3John, Acts, Colossians, Ephesians, Galatians, Hebrews, James, Joel, John, Jude, Luke, Malachi, Mark, Matthew, Philemon, Philippians, Revelation, Romans, Titus
- Categories: Commentaries
- Publisher Categories: Christian Bible Exegesis & Hermeneutics
- Min Acc Version: 10.4
There are no reviews yet.