Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
One of the largest homiletical commentary sets of its kind, this work gives a verse-by-verse exposition, a translation, and historical and geographical information, followed by the homiletics section.
The Pulpit Commentary drew from over 100 authors over a 30 year span to assemble this conservative and trustworthy homiletical commentary set.
This in-depth commentary brings together three key elements for better preaching:
- Exposition – with thorough verse-by-verse commentary of every verse in the Bible.
- Homiletics – with the "framework" or the "big picture" of the text.
- Homilies – with four to six sample sermons from various authors.
This series covers the entire OT and NT and consists of the following volumes:
- Volume 1: Genesis/Exodus
- Volume 2: Leviticus/Numbers
- Volume 3: Deuteronomy/Joshua/Judges
- Volume 4: Ruth/1&2 Samuel
- Volume 5: 1&2 Kings
- Volume 6: 1&2 Chronicles
- Volume 7: Ezra/Nehemiah/Esther/Job
- Volume 8: Psalms
- Volume 9: Proverbs/Ecclesiastes/Song of Solomon
- Volume 10: Isaiah
- Volume 11: Jeremiah/Lamentations
- Volume 12: Ezekiel
- Volume 13: Daniel/Hosea/Joel
- Volume 14: Amos – Malachi
- Volume 15: Matthew
- Volume 16: Mark/Luke
- Volume 17: John
- Volume 18: Acts/Romans
- Volume 19: 1&2 Corinthians
- Volume 20: Galatians - Colossians
- Volume 21: 1&2 Thessalonians - James
- Volume 22: 1&2 Peter - Revelation
Note: Because of the size of this series, there are three (3) modules that comprise this product: Pulpit Genesis through Job (Pulpit Gen-Job), Pulpit Psalms through Malachi (Pulpit Ps-Mal), and Pulpit New Testament (Pulpit NT).
The Pulpit Commentary (22 Volumes)
• Editors: H. D. M. Spence, Joseph S. Exell
• Publishers: Hendrickson Publishers (1985)
Where To Find
Pulpit Commentary, The (22 Volumes) is included with the following packages: