John Warwick Montgomery Philosophy & Ethics Bundle (8 Volumes)
Requires Accordance 10.4 or above.
John Warwick Montgomery is a noted lawyer, professor, Lutheran theologian, and prolific author. His legal speciality is the international and comparative law of human rights and he regularly pleads religious freedom cases before the European Court of Human Rights. He is considered by many to be the foremost living apologist for biblical Christianity.
Montgomery, a philosophy major disinterested in religion, found himself forced to consider seriously the claims of Jesus Christ in the New Testament in order to preserve big intellectual integrity. After no mean struggle he acknowledged his rebellion against God and asked His forgiveness. Dr. Montgomery is the author of over one hundred scholarly journal articles and more than fifty books.
This bundle consists of the following eight (8) Philosophy and Ethics volumes:
- Christians in the Public Square: A collection of articles examining the inter-relationship between “law” and “gospel”; what a Christian should and should not attempt to do in the public realm of politics; and bioethical issues.
- Computers, Cultural Change, and the Christ: Presented at the 20th Annual, Anniversary Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, held at the Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, December 26—28, 1968.
- Human Rights & Human Dignity: Contains a detailed argument for the truth of Christianity based on legal evidence.
- Situation Ethics: True or False: Is it sometimes right to do wrong? A stimulating debate between Joseph Fletcher and John Warwick Montgomery.
- Slaughter of the Innocents: Dr. Montgomery examines some of the most tragic and divisive issues facing Christians today—abortion, divorce, and birth control.
- The Shaping of America: A critique of American ideas. A true description of the American character, both good and bad, and the possibilities of recovering a national vision before the people perish.
- Giant in Chains: This book examines the legacy of Imperial China, the influence of the three religions of China, the historical resistance to anything foreign, the checkered history of the Christian church in China, the Chinese brand of Marxism that filled a spiritual vacuum, the human rights problem in China, and the challenges facing the church in China today.
- The Church: Blessing or Curse: The author takes a critical look at the role which the church has played in several epochs of history, and offers a striking vision of what the church could and should be in our age.
You may be interested in these other John Warwick Montgomery products:
The following modules and groups are included when you purchase this package.
|Writings||JWM-America||Shaping of America, The||0|
|Writings||JWM-Church||The Church: Blessing or Curse||0|
|Writings||JWM-Computers||Computers, Cultural Change, and the Christ||0|
|Writings||JWM-Giant||Giant in Chains||0|
|Writings||JWM-Public Square||Christians in the Public Square||0|
|Writings||JWM-Rights & Dignity||Human Rights & Human Dignity||0|
|Writings||JWM-Situation Ethics||Situation Ethics: True or False||0|
|Writings||JWM-Slaughter||Slaughter of the Innocents||0|
Where to Find
John Warwick Montgomery Philosophy & Ethics Bundle (8 Volumes) is included with the following packages
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0319||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (February 2019)||34399|
|Primary Collections||Coll12-EngMaster0519||English Master Collection (Accordance 12) (May 2019)||35549|
|English add-on bundles||JWM Collection_33||John Warwick Montgomery Collection Bundle (33 Volumes)||279|
There are no reviews yet.